Breaking Viacom 18 acquires LA Liga rights in India for 3 years

To be fair, they did manage Ten Sports properly. The only thing is they messed up their relationship with BCCI when they had invested in ICL and BCCI blacklisted them. Without BCCI or IPL Rights they managed to be in contention in India. Because of that and the rights they had posssed only, Sony had payed huge sums of money for acquisitions.
Actually seeds of IPL was sown by ZEE when they launched ICL. BCCI didnt like this and was forced to launch IPL. Zee can't be discredited in sports atleast

Digital Rights Only
Tv Rights Still not bought by anyone
Prime Video have the exclusive rights for all the New Zealand home games ie., they own the broadcasting rights as well as streaming rights. So, don't expect them sub lisencing them to anyone but DD Sports, that too only for Indian LOI's.

NZC doesn't mind if they don't have TV broadcasting. Even in New Zealand itself, a sports OTT Spark Sport, streams the home games exclusively.

Last edited:
Prime Video have the exclusive rights for all the New Zealand home games ie., they own the broadcasting rights as well as streaming rights. So, don't expect them sub lisencing them to anyone but DD Sports, that too only for Indian LOI's.

NZC doesn't mind if they don't have TV broadcasting. Even in New Zealand itself, an sports OTT Spark Sport, streams the home games exclusively.
What is the use of Amazon having Tv rights. They don,t have any television channels otherwise they need to tie up with any broadcasters for broadcasting through TV. And also I am sure that when indian series came. There should be live telecast not only in DD Sports.
Then don,t compare newzealand with India. Newzealand only has 46lakhs population. So Streaming Is enough in that country. But India has a population of Almost 140Cr. So in our country Television Broadcast is much needed at this time.

What is the use of Amazon having Tv rights. They don,t have any television channels otherwise they need to tie up with any broadcasters for broadcasting through TV. And also I am sure that when indian series came. There should be live telecast not only in DD Sports.
Then don,t compare newzealand with India. Newzealand only has 46lakhs population. So Streaming Is enough in that country. But India has a population of Almost 140Cr. So in our country Television Broadcast is much needed at this time.
Doesn't matter how different is India is from New Zealand etc. They brought all the rights so that they will be able to do what ever they want with the rights.

Doesn't matter how different is India is from New Zealand etc. They brought all the rights so that they will be able to do what ever they want with the rights.
Thats what i said. They want to tie with any broadcasters for TV broadcast. Otherwise that Tv rights Become useless and hurts millions of Cricket Fans in India.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock