Breaking Viacom 18 acquires LA Liga rights in India for 3 years

Thats what i said. They want to tie with any broadcasters for TV broadcast. Otherwise that Tv rights Become useless and hurts millions of Cricket Fans in India.
Buddy, see they want exclusive rights so that they will be able to force people to subscribe Prime services to watch the matches. Doesn't matter for them if they hurt millions or billions for that matter, its just business.

Buddy, see they want exclusive rights so that they will be able to force people to subscribe Prime services to watch the matches. Doesn't matter for them if they hurt millions or billions for that matter, its just business.
One thing I wanted to know. If India tours New Zealand. Doordarshan becomes the tv broadcaster because of that national importance thing. Right?

Then DD HD should be Added in Every DTH.
DD HD is a GEC. Not a sports channel. Sports comes on DD Sports 1.0 which is exclusive to DD FreeDish.
Yes.. Only for the LOI'S tho.... and only on free dish.
I think here DD Sports might end up broadcasting on private DTH and cable as well. Or Amazon might be forced to sell the satellite rights. As I don't see national importance matches be left out of private tv.

Prime Video have the exclusive rights for all the New Zealand home games ie., they own the broadcasting rights as well as streaming rights. So, don't expect them sub lisencing them to anyone but DD Sports, that too only for Indian LOI's.

NZC doesn't mind if they don't have TV broadcasting. Even in New Zealand itself, a sports OTT Spark Sport, streams the home games exclusively.
International matches rights with prime domestic rights with fancode

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock