Breaking Viacom18 and Zee Entertainment in early merger talks

Earlier this news came, before this Sony-viacom18 merger news came and now qe see zee-sony merger confirmed. Seeing what is happening on channels i think Viacom18, zee, sony, times network, warner discovery will form alliance and compete with star/disney

Earlier this news came, before this Sony-viacom18 merger news came and now qe see zee-sony merger confirmed. Seeing what is happening on channels i think Viacom18, zee, sony, times network, warner discovery will form alliance and compete with star/disney
I don't want to spread rumors. But I think eventually Reliance will buy the merge . It is a known fact that Sony has no interest in linear TV. If they had they would have shown it in US. RIL need global presence , they cant go through Viacom. Their only way is Sony.

I don't want to spread rumors. But I think eventually Reliance will buy the merge . It is a known fact that Sony has no interest in linear TV. If they had they would have shown it in US. RIL need global presence , they cant go through Viacom. Their only way is Sony.

Sony is very much interested in linear tv channels in India, US is a completely diff tv landscape and Sony by and large is not able to have a clear lead over others so deciding to exit. Not sure but i guess Indian Sony channels r still operated by them in foreign territories. Interesting fact related to this, star post disney takeover decided to shut down popular indian tv channels in US thinking that audience will take OTT route and price is almost similar for regular tv and OTT but it proved other way around and now they r relaunching linear tv channels in US so India has far more factors favouring tv over OTT for popular content and hence broadcasters will not exit easily, mergers will keep happening as it helps expand and compete properly

Seeing what is happening on channels i think Viacom18, zee, sony, times network, warner discovery will form alliance and compete with star/disney
Certainly not a full-scale deal. Also, Times Network does not operate on a global scale, unlike Zee. What I do think could happen, though, is that they could form a distribution network like The One Alliance, which shut down some years ago. Discovery, Sony, Times, Turner and Zee among others were part of this joint venture but they left one by one. There were two others like it: Indiacast UTV (TV18 + Viacom18 + Disney/UTV + ETV) and MediaPro (Fox/Star + Zee). All of them were disbanded in 2015.

sKd9YRQ.png

Last edited:
Linear TV still works in India. Will work for next decades. You think viewers with mobile internet will consume content On Demand over DTH/Cable?

Linear TV still works in India. Will work for next decades. You think viewers with mobile internet will consume content On Demand over DTH/Cable?
No , I'm not talking about India here. I'm talking global. RIL has small ( 3+/- shares in Zee ). Zee has global presence. So buying zee would have been the good thing for RIL to launch their JIO at international level. And RIL who cancelled Sony merge just cause they wanted to operate digital business. Invesco is close to RIL. Invesco needs Puneet to step down. Now merge drama brought by puneet to stay as CEO.
From all these I said like that. Sony is looking for good partner in US to merge. It had talks with Viacom before CBS buyout. I'm not 100% sure Sony wants their TV business ( not to confuse with digital or electronic)

Sony is merging without money swap deal. What if they are only wanting content and presence for their digital and for it they are going for zee now. Because they said they want digital and operational rights during merge with viacom18 .

So I thought RIL JIO might take up some technique to tackle this merge.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock