Viacom18 & v6 news plans to enter In telugu GEC with colors telugu & V6

Shantanu

Contributor
Reaction score
The market can only grow by giving advertisers run for their monies which can happen when yield goes up on well-designed properties, become established leaders, commanding high and he continues to tell that the new teams are getting prepared for launch of a new GEC from owners of V6 News channel and sources tell that Viacom18 is planning for Colors Telugu launch too…will it do magic like Colors Kannada for the market… Let’s wait and see…!!!

Telugu a volatile market, and new players like V6 GEC or Colors Telugu have their space

I don't know which source said the author about the launch of Colors Telugu and he telling about an unknown source in an article has become a source to this thread. There is no potential information about Colors Telugu available anywhere. I even think the possibilities are slim considering the ETV brand is an established one. Viacom, for its success in Karnataka, used its channel ETV Kannada and renamed it as Colors Kannada retaining all the things that mattered. In Telugu it is a different scenario. The same happened with other regional channels too. Viacom acquired stakes from established channels and made them more successful.

Starting a new GEC altogether and surviving the Telugu market might not be a tactical possibility for Viacom. The same might be the reason that Colors has not 'launched' Colors Tamil but experimenting with NXT. I don't think Colors Telugu is a feasible option for Viacom to try in the current market state. If they want to see the same success as with Colors Kannada, they have to acquire ETV and rename it as Colors Telugu, which might not be possible at all. Ramojirao's legacy would never be sold to anybody in my opinion. No other 'successful' Telugu GECs might be open for acquisition at this time too.

Last edited:
Made logo for both
QdOimf9.png

Cl2rC7l.png

ETV Telugu will never rebrand to Colors Telugu ...
So , Is it not possible for Colors to launch Colors Telugu as a new GEC channel when it can't acquire ETV Telugu ??? I don't know , so asking ...

I think 4 GECs of telugu itself are sufficient. There isnt much space left for new players(let it be colors or whoever) maa gold also gives serials.
Other small channels like vanitha,vissa DD etc..are also there. So better colors shouldnt start a telugu channel. But telugu is a good market may be they should try a music channel or some other genre

I think there should be more GEC , bcos Telugu is filled with Only News Channels , Only 4 Major Channels : ETV ,Maa TV , Gemini , Zee Telugu ... Others being Movies or Music ....
Zee Cinemalu n maa movies lacks content , only keeps repeating on movies every week ..
And Vissa , Vanitha can be almost excluded from the GEC list .. as they provide no value ...

ETV Telugu will never rebrand to Colors Telugu ...
So, Is it not possible for Colors to launch Colors Telugu as a new GEC channel when it can't acquire ETV Telugu ??? I don't know, so asking ...

coz,
ramoji(owner of ETV group is not willing to give telugu channel)

they only sold all channels which are not working( marathi,bangla,kannada,odia,gujrathi)
kannada channel started working post-acquisition.

at that time & still, etv telugu is working well with consistently being in top3 telugu channels. that's why colors can't acquire telugu channels.

Also ETV Telugu is the first channel from Ramoji Rao I think , and he will not sell his channel as it reaches to majority of rural area with good viewership ...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock