Breaking Vice Media launches in India

Shantanu

Contributor
Reaction score
Vice Media, which has formed a joint venture with Times Group in India, is all set to launch Vice India in early 2018.

The Vice-Times Group deal involves launching TV channel Viceland in India under a different name featuring a mix of local and international content. In addition to TV, the JV will also produce and distribute local programming for online and mobile.

Vice is also setting up new offices in Mumbai and Delhi which will include a studio producing scripted, film, news and culture content from India for different platforms.

Earlier, Times Network MD and CEO MK Anand had told TelevisionPost.com that the tentative name of Viceland in India will either be Viceland Now or Vice Now.

Springtide Infotainment Media, the JV between Times Group and Vice Media, has applied for two licences with the ministry of information and broadcasting (MIB). Pragya Tiwari is the editor-in-chief of Vice India while Samira Kanwar is head of video.

Youth media brand Vice to launch in India in early 2018 | TelevisionPost.com

MUMBAI: More than 20 months after they formed the joint venture (JV), Vice Media and Times Group are ready to launch Vice India on 2 April. Vice Media CEO Asia Pacific Hosi Simon informed the gathering about the launch date at the ongoing FICCI Frames 2018.

Vice Media and The Times Group had created a JV to create original content for distribution across television, mobile, digital and linear platforms. The partnership will also see the creation of new local production studios. The launch of Vice Media’s TV service Viceland as a pay channel was also part of the plan.

Vice India all set to launch on 2 April

Last edited:
The joint venture by Vice Media is done to bring its youth-focused content to many more territories, mixing local and international news, culture and lifestyle programming to young viewers across online, television and mobile. The content on Vice India will be an equal half split between local content and content from abroad.
The launch of Vice Media’s TV service ‘Viceland’ with the name ‘Vice Now’ in India as a pay channel is also a part of the joint venture.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/iwo...-media-to-launch-vice-india-on-april-2-180307

Expected logo considering original logo of Viceland
Source

PP8Erbj.jpg

I think the logo would be like one of these:
ya
I too thought like that even made similar logos in past.

but considering original logo of VICE LAND they'll make VICE NOW similar to that.
bdw nice design

ya
I too thought like that even made similar logos in past.

but considering original logo of VICE LAND they'll make VICE NOW similar to that.
bdw nice design
Except for MNX and MN+, Times has made 'NOW' similar in all their channels; so I though they might go with the same approach.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock