Videcon D2H is looking at another two transponders at 36 MHz on ST-2 Satellite

JitendraKumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Videocon could have more than 35 HD channels over the next year, and is looking to gain satellite capacity to cater for this demand for extra HD channels. The operator is looking at another two transponders at 36 MHz and will likely partner with SingTel for this capacity. Dish TV operates on two satellites: AsiaSat 5 and SES 8. Videocon is using 540 Mhz of capacity on the SingTel ST 2 satellite. Tata Sky is using a total of 12 transponders.

http://interactive.satellitetoday.com/digitization-sparks-new-dth-battle-in-india/

ST2 is of 54mhz and has some vacant tp on payload. Then why 36mhz, what's the logic in that.

Good news but why 36 MHz when other TPs from same satellite is of 54 MHz?

Never mind ;
As d2h has 54 MHz x 10 (540 MHz capacity) & another 36 MHz x 2 (72 MHz) would increase total of 612 MHz while DishTV is only planning upto 720 MHz...

I don't think it could be an issue :)

Rahulan Ratnarajah said:
Never mind ;
As d2h has 54 MHz x 10 (540 MHz capacity) & another 36 MHz x 2 (72 MHz) would increase total of 612 MHz while DishTV is only planning upto 720 MHz...

I don't think it could be an issue :)
I am not saying it as a problem. But if all the current TPs are 54 MHz, then the rest would be the same since satellite is same. That is what I don't know how it is possible.

A transponder equivalent (or TPE) is a normalized way to refer to transponder bandwidth. It simply means how many transponders would be used if the same total bandwidths used only 36Mhz transponders.[3][4][5] So, for example, the ARSAT-1 has 24 IEEE Ku band transponders, twelve with a bandwidth of 36MHz, eight with 54MHz and four with 72MHz, for a total of 1152Mhz, or 32 TPE (i.e. 1152Mhz divided by 36Mhz

Transponder (satellite communications) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How many HD channels can be accommodated in a 36 MHz Tp?:huh

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock