Seeking Help Videocon charging gst twice ?

• Thread starter Roy07
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 28
  • Views: Views 4,613
I came here to post just this!! They are calculating GST on top of GST.
I wanted to add few more channels. So I went to the channel map.
This is how they calculated my New price.

( NCF + {previous.pay.channels+GST} + new.pay.channels ) + GST

So while the NCF is taxed only once the Previously selected Pay channels
are taxed twice (GST is compounded)! I immediately canceled my modification.

What sort of third-rate I.T. team has Dish TV (parent of D2H) hired?!
First they messed up the implementation. Now this!

Last edited:
Is videocon charging gst twice ???

I have added only asianet which cost 19 + 18% gst = 22.42 . So my total cost should be 22.42 + 153.4 = 175.83. But my package cost = 179.86. That means they are charging 18% on 22.42 again. Or Am i missing some thing?

gst.JPG
Yes you rightly cought the culprit. They are charging GST twice on a la carte channels.

Report it immediately. Most likely this will come out in the news as well. It is a crime to charge tax on tax. Good catch btw. Some backend person who doesnt understand the GST completely yet is employed to do this work - hence the error.

Report it immediately. Most likely this will come out in the news as well. It is a crime to charge tax on tax. Good catch btw. Some backend person who doesnt understand the GST completely yet is employed to do this work - hence the error.

I think it is deliberate (at least until someone catches). How can a big company have such an incompetent i.t. team which is messing up the implementation from Jan 2019 even after having 6 months of prep time?

I think it is deliberate (at least until someone catches). How can a big company have such an incompetent i.t. team which is messing up the implementation from Jan 2019 even after having 6 months of prep time?
Sadly, that is the state of affairs. Cheap labour everywhere.

Off topic: I am perturbed looking at the staff at Dominos, KFC, McD, CCD and so on. Once a guy at KFC quoted a Total bill of Rs 152 when I purchased the Chicken Rice Bowlz for Rs 99. When I asked him why is it 152 and not 99, He mentioned that now GST (new) is charged. I asked him, are you charging GST on Rs 99? He said yes. An easy calculation reveals that for a Rs 99 product to bill Rs 152, the "GST" is approximately 54% !!

I asked him, are you charging me 54% GST? He said, yes, it is as per "new" government rules. I told him I want to speak to the manager. When the manager arrived, I explained it to him and I mentioned your staff is making false claims.

The reality: He had given me Rice Bowlz for Rs 129 instead of Rs 99 (thereby not applying the Rs 99 offer mentioned in the store), and so, Rs 129 + 18% GST = Rs 152.

The manager apologized and billed me for Rs 99 + 18% GST = Rs 117.

Sadly, that is the state of affairs. Cheap labour everywhere.

Off topic: I am perturbed looking at the staff at Dominos, KFC, McD, CCD and so on. Once a guy at KFC quoted a Total bill of Rs 152 when I purchased the Chicken Rice Bowlz for Rs 99. When I asked him why is it 152 and not 99, He mentioned that now GST (new) is charged. I asked him, are you charging GST on Rs 99? He said yes. An easy calculation reveals that for a Rs 99 product to bill Rs 152, the "GST" is approximately 54% !!

I asked him, are you charging me 54% GST? He said, yes, it is as per "new" government rules. I told him I want to speak to the manager. When the manager arrived, I explained it to him and I mentioned your staff is making false claims.

The reality: He had given me Rice Bowlz for Rs 129 instead of Rs 99 (thereby not applying the Rs 99 offer mentioned in the store), and so, Rs 129 + 18% GST = Rs 152.

The manager apologized and billed me for Rs 99 + 18% GST = Rs 117.
Restaurant GST is 5% for more than a year now isn't it.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock