Videocon d2h deputy CEO Rohit Jain resigns

Vishnu777

Contributor
Reaction score
MUMBAI: Videocon d2h deputy chief executive officer Rohit Jain, who had played a big role in growing the direct-to-home (DTH) company to a value of over $1 billion, has resigned ahead of its merger with Dish TV.

Jain will depart from the company by the end of this month, a source said. He had joined Videocon d2h as deputy CEO in June 2010.

Though Jain’s next destination is not known, the source said he would remain in the media sector.
Jain, who is currently serving his notice period, could not be contacted for his comment.

Working along with Videocon d2h executive chairman Saurabh Dhoot and CEO Anil Khera, Jain saw the company make its Nasdaq debut following the listing of $325 million worth of American depository receipts (ADR) it sold to US-based Silver Eagle Acquisition Corporation (SEAC).
Videocon d2h, in fact, was the first Indian company to list in the US via the special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) route.

Despite being the last DTH company to enter the market in India, Videocon d2h is cash flow-positive and has posted profit at the net level. In FY17, the company reported net profit for the first time. Net profit stood at Rs 30.4 crore compared to a net loss of Rs 92.2 crore in FY16.

Videocon d2h deputy CEO Rohit Jain resigns | TelevisionPost.com

Merger is nearing therefore members are slowly resigning...

Videocon can only keep two people's from Videocon d2h on the new largest DTH operator....

Mostly they may keep Saurabh Dhoot and Anil Khera as Deputy Managing director and Deputy CEO....:)

I have a connection to Videocon d2h for many years.Now a few days ago I had filed a request on Customer Care to get another connection from the same connection. Customer care send their technician who made our connection, but when its came to the payment, the technician person checked that he did not have any payment information, so he took the cable money from us ₹ 150 and he said that contact to customer care and pay them online payment 999. After that I got a call from a dealer, he said that you have to pay me ₹ 1599, you should not make payment to customer care, but when I talked about customer care, he said that you will have to pay us directly not to any dealer.

So I make payment to direct Videocon D2H of Rs 999 online but even after that I kept getting the phone from the dealer and he kept threatening me. He told me that if you do not give me the money, I will close your connection. Then I spoke on customer care that the dealer will close my connection, then the customer care assured me that he cannot get your connection closed.

But my connection has been closed a few days ago, when I asked the customer care, they said that your complaint had come and your connection has been closed. I do not understand what kind of poor service is that.

Videocon's customer is being harassed by a dealer and your customer care people are unable to do anything, where did he get such authority from that he closed our connection.
Talking about customer care, he is repeatedly assuring us that they will start the connection soon but our connection has not started yet, how authority has come to the dealer, how can he close our connection.

This means that your customer care people have also met that they also want to pay money to the dealer while we have already paided online to videocon d2h. You do not even know how much trouble your customer is facing due to this carelessness. We keep talking about customer care for hours every day to solve our problem but our problem is not yet solved and that dealer threatens us daily.

We have been very upset with your service, you are giving such poor service that a customer has been so upset that he cannot even think to get this service again. Very upset with Videocon customer care service. Unhappy customer.

I have a connection to Videocon d2h for many years.Now a few days ago I had filed a request on Customer Care to get another connection from the same connection. Customer care send their technician who made our connection, but when its came to the payment, the technician person checked that he did not have any payment information, so he took the cable money from us ₹ 150 and he said that contact to customer care and pay them online payment 999. After that I got a call from a dealer, he said that you have to pay me ₹ 1599, you should not make payment to customer care, but when I talked about customer care, he said that you will have to pay us directly not to any dealer.

So I make payment to direct Videocon D2H of Rs 999 online but even after that I kept getting the phone from the dealer and he kept threatening me. He told me that if you do not give me the money, I will close your connection. Then I spoke on customer care that the dealer will close my connection, then the customer care assured me that he cannot get your connection closed.

But my connection has been closed a few days ago, when I asked the customer care, they said that your complaint had come and your connection has been closed. I do not understand what kind of poor service is that.

Videocon's customer is being harassed by a dealer and your customer care people are unable to do anything, where did he get such authority from that he closed our connection.
Talking about customer care, he is repeatedly assuring us that they will start the connection soon but our connection has not started yet, how authority has come to the dealer, how can he close our connection.

This means that your customer care people have also met that they also want to pay money to the dealer while we have already paided online to videocon d2h. You do not even know how much trouble your customer is facing due to this carelessness. We keep talking about customer care for hours every day to solve our problem but our problem is not yet solved and that dealer threatens us daily.

We have been very upset with your service, you are giving such poor service that a customer has been so upset that he cannot even think to get this service again. Very upset with Videocon customer care service. Unhappy customer.
This is not a authorised d2h page. Post your complaint @ d2h (@officiald2h) on Twitter / on their Facebook page or email them.

Last edited:

Based on your query i suggest you to contact nodal officer regarding your issue and explain him everything and put him on call to reactivate your connection. Based on your location you can raise your complaint to nodal officer. In Which state you live in? Provide about your state name only so i can send nodal officer cell number and email id.

Your nodal officer details
NXbP308.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock