Videocon D2H HD 555-B (white) Box Review

• Thread starter Thread starter livingoff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 27
  • Views Views: Views 14,996
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have the same box, it's Good but the remote is suck,,,, It could break down my nail while pressing the button,,,, then the button works...

Imam.D2h said:
I also have the same box, it's Good but the remote is suck,,,, It could break down my nail while pressing the button,,,, then the button works...

I never had an issue with it.

justinemathew said:
Is it coming with RF Remote or IR Remote?

Its a RF remote too powerful even from a huge distance it can operate inspite of several obstacles in between

What is RF remote ? How is it different from IR remote ?

dipayan said:
What is RF remote ? How is it different from IR remote ?

It uses radio frequency signals unlike infrared beams.u need not point it in line with STB.u can place the STB anywhere and can be controlled from any room of your home.Large range of operation also.it's like a remote key for central locking of cars which also uses rf signals.

livingoff said:
Its a RF remote too powerful even from a huge distance it can operate inspite of several obstacles in between

What about the remote battery ? Button Type OR AAA?

But according to radio physics IR is also a radio frequency signal. In fact all communicational signal are radio frequency signal. Even visible light is a radio wave

Overview

Infrared has traditionally been the first choice for most home entertainment remotes because of its ease of use and low cost solutions. However, with the integration of more advanced functionality, user interfaces and need for products that required to be used in another room, radio frequency and Bluetooth technologies are fast becoming the new standard.

Infrared (IR) Technology

An infrared (IR) remote control is often bundled with many consumer electronics. IR transmit and receive systems are inexpensive and are generally reliable. The carrier frequency of such infrared signals is typically in the order of around 38 kHz.

Radio Frequency (RF) Technology

Unlike infrared (IR) remotes, which are the most common, Radio Frequency (RF) remote controls are easier to use because they do not require line of sight and do not have to be aimed at the equipment. The RF remote can also be operated from another room. Held in the hand like a cellphone, the buttons are pressed in the same straightforward manner.

In many ways RF communication is the ultimate solution for remote control communications. It offers greater range than IR. It is omni-directional and allows the control of devices in other rooms. The global acceptance of 2.4GHz RF makes it the best choice for most of our OEM customers.

There are many different coding systems in use and generally different manufacturers use different codes and different data rates for transmission. In most cases, the IR signals are send only one way, in a low-speed burst for distances of up to 30 feet.

https://www.smkusa.com/usa/technologies/ir/

dipayan said:
But according to radio physics IR is also a radio frequency signal. In fact all communicational signal are radio frequency signal. Even visible light is a radio wave

You are right brother.I knew this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom