Videocon d2h vs Airtel DTH - based on handling of favorites

• Thread starter iTron
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 5,645

iTron

Reaction score
Hello ppl,

I am currently using Tata sky and want another connection for 2nd tv.

Why not Tata sky again: I love Tata sky, but for some god-for-saken reason they choose to have only 20 favorites, which kinda restricts my viewing experience. Going by no. of channels we have these days, i believe it should be 40 or 50. But thats not gonna happen.

So, after going thru this awesome forum and others, have narrowed down to these 2 contenders: Airtel and Videocon

My criteria is pretty simple:

1) Picture quality should atleast be as good as Tata sky
2) It should have a longer favorites list (more than 20 of tata sky) so that i dont have to go to individual sections in Guide to select channels, or remember channel nos. Just press 'favorites' button, and viola, it should open the list of channels i prefer to watch

Now, this can be answered by only those who have used one of these DTH providers. I know Airtel DTH has 15x4 favorites list, and Videocon has 20x4 (source: websites), but do these lists are as easily accessible as the favorites list in Tata sky? I mean, just to get hold of viewing experience, which of these 2 providers show easier favorites list (how many button clicks)? Does one of these has an upper hand in accessing favorites? Can the 4 lists be merged in any of them, and thus allow us to create a favorites list of say, 40 or 60 channels?

Sounds too many questions for a trivial issue, but then so disappointed i am by Tata sky, which has such good service, but can do better in viewing experience (and no. of channels).

Also, as a last Q, which out of Airtel or Videocon has better Picture quality and stability of service, any opinions?

Thanks
iTron

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock