• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1,529

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
After the success of The Dirty Picture, she has signed the second part of Sujoy Ghosh's thriller

She was lauded for her bold, powerpacked performance in Milan Luthria's The Dirty Picture produced by Balaji Motion Pictures. Ever since, Vidya Balan has been rather selective about her roles so much so the actress hasn't signed a single film till date.

However, with Kahaani producer-director Sujoy Ghosh and presenter Jayantilal Gada having decided to make Kahaani 2, cashing in on the success of the first part, Vidya was left with little choice but to give her nod to part two of the thriller.

Gada confirmed the news and said, "We are making Kahaani 2 with Vidya. Kahaani tasted super success. So why shouldn't we ride on it? My nephew Kushal Gada and Sujoy will be jointly producing it."

Ghosh, who is currently in the UK, busy lending finishing touches to the script, texted us saying, "Vidya is the reason I wrote Kahaani, so I need her in the sequel too. The good thing is she never tries to write the script but only encourages. She also listens to my grumbling."

A source close to Ghosh said, "Earlier, Sujoy had other plans. But now he is sure and is going ahead with the second part of Kahaani. Kahaani 2 will also be set in Kolkata. It will have several mystery elements." Gada revealed the film will go on floors in 2013. Apart from Vidya, the rest of the cast is to be decided yet.

Kahaani, which released worldwide on March 9, 2012, got critical acclaim as well as box office success. The film garnered rave reviews for its screenplay, cinematography, not to mention the performances of its lead actors including Parambrata Chatterjee and Nawazuddin Siddiqui. Vidya played Vidya Bagchi, a pregnant woman in search of her missing husband in the bustling city of Kolkata, right in the midst of Durga Puja festivities.

The movie grossed nearly Rs 104 crore worldwide within 50 days of its release. It also resulted in renewed interest in the city of joy as a filming location.

Via TOI

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock