DDF Exclusive Vijay Takkar TV from 10th October 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vijay Music logo is replaced by Vijay Takkar along with the start of Bigg Boss 6..Logo looks a little small
JE9MIJN.jpg

Do this attempt become successful? Because youth turn out to streaming from TV. And Star forecasted it earlier than others, thus reduced entertaining Youth, Music type channels generally. Atleast music channel will get some audience but youth oriented channel tough to survive. I am surprised on Star's movement.

Do this attempt become successful? Because youth turn out to streaming from TV. And Star forecasted it earlier than others, thus reduced entertaining Youth, Music type channels generally. Atleast music channel will get some audience but youth oriented channel tough to survive. I am surprised on Star's movement.
The same as what I discussed in my article, and also brought up the popularity of other youth shows on OTT platforms. Even though Hindi streaming shows are currently the most popular among the youth, other languages are catching up fast and Vijay Takkar may find it difficult to survive.
That Vijay Takkar is being launched to have its finger on the pulse of Tamil youngsters is a good move, but whether it will last for a long time in its Gen Z avatar is uncertain. Though its shows will naturally be available on Disney+ Hotstar, it and other OTT platforms now have a large and growing number of Tamil and other regional-language shows (plus Hindi and English shows with regional dubs) that are highly popular among youth. Furthermore, its programming strategy will include music and movies in addition to youth shows, which may further broaden its scope as a secondary GEC in the same manner as Vijay Music turned out to be. These and other factors can make or break the fate of Vijay Takkar going forward, but it will nevertheless go down as an interesting experiment in Tamil TV when all is said and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock