Vipul Mehta wins Indian Idol 6!

SPANDAN

Contributor
Reaction score
Vipul Mehta, Devendra Singh and Amit Kumar beat the others in the Top ten to reach the final spot. Tonight's finale episode is going to be power packed as Madhur Bhandarkar makes his appearance on the Idol stage to promote his upcoming film, Heroine.
Vipul-Mehta.jpeg

As they battle it out on stage tonight, TOI.com exclusively brings you the name of the next Indian Idol. Amidst all the hype and excitement, as viewers and judges were rooting for their favourite contestant, there was one who clearly stood out from the crowds and that winner is Vipul Mehta. The boy from Punjab wooed audiences with his performances. He also dedicated 'Chammak Challo' to Bebo.

Judge Salim Merchant recently said, "All my kids on the show are different and talented. However, I like Vipul a lot and I hope he becomes the next Indian Idol". Well, Salim Merchant's wish comes true!

Vipul walks away with a cash prize of Rs 50 lacs, a Nissam Micra car and a Suzuki Hayate bike. But that's not all! Vipul's dreams are about to come true as he has also won a music album contract.

Here's wishing a hearty congratulations to Vipul!

source

He deserves it, congrts to him. :tup

vipul-mehta_350_090112115350.jpg

Vipul Mehta from Amritsar emerged as a winner for the sixth season of ‘Indian Idol’. He won the title by beating Devendra Pal Singh, 17, and Amit Kumar, 20. The competition was tough as three of them are equally talented.

The winner, Vipul Mehta won a cash prize of Rs.50 lakh from Sony channel, a Nissan Micra car, a Suzuki Hayate bike, Rs.3 lakh from Max Life Insurance and a contract to record his own music album.

Kareena Kapoor who came to promote ‘Heroine’ with director Madhur Bhandarkar announced the winner’s name. "I am really very happy. I thank god for bringing me where I stand today. I would like to thank the audience too for supporting me. I am overwhelmed to see my grandfather's dream coming true," said an emotional Mehta after the win.

Vipul also took part in the singing reality show "Voice of India - Season 2" in 2008, but unfortunately he could not make to the final but this time he proved lucky.

It was a star studded night with some stupendous performances from the three noted judges Anu Malik, Salim Merchant, Sunidhi Chauhan and Asha Bhosle.

The team of ‘Barfi’, Ranbir Kapoor, Illeana D’Cruz and Priyanka Chopra also came at the grand finale to promote their film.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock