Vishwaroopam 2 to release on DTH

people

Contributor
Reaction score
Kamal Haasan found himself in the midst of controversy earlier this year, when he was not allowed to release Vishwaroopam on DTH. Theatre owners across Tamil Nadu opposed the idea as they felt it would stop audiences from coming to the theatres if they had the option of watching the film at home.

In Bangalore, at a meeting to help set the ground work for the upcoming FICCI's (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry) Frames Conclave, Kamal, who is the chairman of the media and entertainment business conclave, revealed his plans for the DTH release of his next film Vishwaroopam 2.

"The TV premiere of a film is a step into the future. The idea was to have one premiere on TV at a premium price. It would not only get people to watch the film at home, but also drive them to watch the film on the big screen. But there are too many people here opposing it. Everybody has a kitchen at home, why then are so many restaurants surviving? Yes, there are issues such as ensuring the DTH premiere is given only to individuals rather than institutions, but there are ways of controlling that too," said Kamal and added, "I have plans for my next film. If India won't allow it, I will take the idea abroad. Vishwaroopam 2 will release on DTH in the US."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/tamil/news-interviews/Vishwaroopam-2-will-release-on-DTH-in-the-US/articleshow/23264654.cms

I think they were charging Rs.1000 for this movie.

Lets see, if Vishwa-2 meets the fate of Vish-1, and is shown on DTH or not. :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock