DTH updates Visit charges of Rs 100/-applicable in out of warranty FRs!!

• Thread starter airsky
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 15
  • Views: Views 3,158
Please don’t support Tata play in this. It’s not expected from them to go back on their words and start charging for service visits again after they made a BIG statement in January.

They do have a lot of good things which I appreciate and support but I personally cannot support this decision of theirs.
True!!
But In my opinion In January They Need Some Hype To Promote Rebranding..
So, They Opted Free Visiting, And Netflix Combos.. Without Proper Preparation...
Actually Samething Happened With Netflix Combo Packs... In January They Launched Best Packs.. But Silently In May They Increased Prices... Myself I got Telugu HD, Binge, Netflix Basic 699on January... But I dropped In May When I tried to add again the price is 779...silent increase...
Again recently they removed all the combo packs and only providing News combos...
So, it is clear netflix hype is not worked well... Or they used it for marketing and silently increased prices...
Same goes with visiting charges... They promoted without any preparation it is a big issue... Techinican need mental preparation for that they don't do anything... That's why quality service reduced... So, Tataplay Choosed it's easiest option by charging visiting charges...
They think this will go smoothly in January.. But problem with tatasky is...
They forgot that they are premium brand... And customers also expect premium service from them... They think if they offer free visit and cheap packs customers will be happy... Ofcourse, but quality service is tatasky main thing.. It is the main reason for the large market share for tatasky...
So, now they are choosing easiest options.. For solving this issues instead of looking for alternative ways... Like I said priority visit or normal visit like that... This kind of ways they need think..

Last edited:
Charges are too high..this move will definitely customers to rethink and I am sure majority will move to OTT
Yes, The problem with dth industry is either people are staying with their current dth or completely shifting to ott... Atleast majority are doing this..

Yes, The problem with dth industry is either people are staying with their current dth or completely shifting to ott... Atleast majority are doing this..
What unique thing Tata Play has too offer? Walt Disney has stake in Tata Play. Yet, they removed all the channels from their app.

Airtel is the premium DTH which adjusted with the industry. They sell combined bundled plan. If one even gets ₹100 discount. They would go for DTH, Internet and Postpaid Mobile services under one plan. Tata won't even bundle fiber with DTH.

What unique thing Tata Play has too offer? Walt Disney has stake in Tata Play. Yet, they removed all the channels from their app.

Airtel is the premium DTH which adjusted with the industry. They sell combined bundled plan. If one even gets ₹100 discount. They would go for DTH, Internet and Postpaid Mobile services under one plan. Tata won't even bundle fiber with DTH.
Hotstar lost IPL rights... Disney + major subscriber base is from Hotstar.. They Don't have any option instead of doing this kind of things... The revenue is not good from Hotstar so, they simply can not announce big budget series or something... And they can't increase the price..
So, they simply doing this... Because for below one rupee a user can watch the match.. Disney previously doesn't care about that because the subscriber base is continously increasing without doing anything because of cricket rights... So, once they lost ipl rights... They need some ways to increase customer base...
Because they need to project their improving numbers in quarterly results where hotstar plays crucial role...
Because in US Disney plus is mainly for kids and star wars, marvel fans and they increased subscription prices.. So they simply can't subscriber editions in US..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock