VK Digital - Signal/ PQ

nandacvkm

Reaction score
After a very long time, I decided to go back to cable- VK Digital from Tatasky considering the number of channels offered.

The installation was very quick by my cable operator (Medavakkam- Chennai). He charged 1200 for HD STB and said it's 250 for KMax package.

Quick view of my experience:
- I see the sound quality is a kind of normal stereo when compared to Tatasky.
- No online portal (as per my operator) to change package by our own. We have to request operator every time for change of package.
- Operator lacks information on packages offered by VK.
- A kind of overall same price when compared to DTH. But we get almost all channels including local channels.
- HD clarity and SD quality of Tamil channels are good.
- Clarity is average in other regional channels.
- Signal quality drops frequently. My signal strength is 54 and quality is 84. No idea about optimal signal strength required. My sister has same connection (diff area) and feel the clarity there is better than mine. There SD channels are crystal clear.
- Again pixelated view in few channels may be because of signal problem.

Overall comments: I feel the only advantage of having VK, is the number of channels it offers. I'm a kind of slightly disappointed with audio and video clarity in my view point. Not sure if TCCL, SCV offers better than this.

Please comment your opinions and views. Thanks.

Am also use tccl because ts stb spoild.
In tccl maximum channels and local channels coming but most of useless channels.
Picture quality worst also hd, sound quality is not good, Discovery sd tamil audio feed not coming,
My area cable operator didn't know about tccl clasic HD pack so
Again ordered tatasky connection

After a very long time, I decided to go back to cable- VK Digital from Tatasky considering the number of channels offered.

The installation was very quick by my cable operator (Medavakkam- Chennai). He charged 1200 for HD STB and said it's 250 for KMax package.

Quick view of my experience:
- I see the sound quality is a kind of normal stereo when compared to Tatasky.
- No online portal (as per my operator) to change package by our own. We have to request operator every time for change of package.
- Operator lacks information on packages offered by VK.
- A kind of overall same price when compared to DTH. But we get almost all channels including local channels.
- HD clarity and SD quality of Tamil channels are good.
- Clarity is average in other regional channels.
- Signal quality drops frequently. My signal strength is 54 and quality is 84. No idea about optimal signal strength required. My sister has same connection (diff area) and feel the clarity there is better than mine. There SD channels are crystal clear.
- Again pixelated view in few channels may be because of signal problem.

Overall comments: I feel the only advantage of having VK, is the number of channels it offers. I'm a kind of slightly disappointed with audio and video clarity in my view point. Not sure if TCCL, SCV offers better than this.

Please comment your opinions and views. Thanks.
Most of the local cable tv operators are like that. If you want cable tv as an alternative to DTH, there are reputed nation wide operators like Hathway, DEN Network, In Digital etc. Their Hardware, picture and audio quality, NCF and pricing are at par with reputed DTH brands. Advantage is no disruption of service due to rains.

VK should take immediate steps on bringing more customised channel packages as like DTH with less price and customer portal where we can change packages and pay through online. If not, soon people may switch back to other options. I still see competitive packages in DTH when compared to cable.

Am from Cuddalore district always vk digital PQ super compare dth (Airtel) signal issue your area cable operator problem I think not proper maintenance operator..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock