VOD Services in all DTH

RE: Videocon D2H Cinema Updates

prateek1987 said:
this shud b free

(*) All other DTH are charging Rs.40 (min) for each movie that too to watch it only once.
(*) D2H Cinema is Rs.60 per month.
(*) They are premiering a new movie every week.
(*) 4 new movies at Rs.60 per month.
(*) You can watch it at any time as per your available time but within the week for a movie.

(*) Other than this, D2H is providing two D2H Movies channel for free under all packages.

Sadiq said:
(*) All other DTH are charging Rs.40 (min) for each movie that too to watch it only once.
(*) D2H Cinema is Rs.60 per month.
(*) They are premiering a new movie every week.
(*) 4 new movies at Rs.60 per month.
(*) You can watch it at any time as per your available time but within the week for a movie.

(*) Other than this, D2H is providing two D2H Movies channel for free under all packages.

true bro. but they r missing many more hindi movie channels, zee action n zee premiere, hbo hits n hbo premium (both sd n hd) n many more channels r still missing. so just to compensate this, this movie channel shud b free.

also please b noted that, watever the movies shown on this particular channel, r about to b premiered on tv channels.

prateek1987 said:
true bro. but they r missing many more hindi movie channels, zee action n zee premiere, hbo hits n hbo premium (both sd n hd) n many more channels r still missing. so just to compensate this, this movie channel shud b free.

also please b noted that, watever the movies shown on this particular channel, r about to b premiered on tv channels.

Your facts are true. But since you mentioned that this should be for free, I put these points comparing the same type of VOD service in other DTH. I am not comparing this VOD service with regular movie channels and we should not and cannot.

I don't think this VOD should be the compensation for the said channels particularly for HBO Premium channels. In you want this to be a compensation for HBO Premium channels you should pay Rs.99 p/m and should not expect this for free :) But it is illogical to compensate a premium, that too an English Movie channel, with Hindi Movie VOD service. Isn't it?

Even for Zee Action and Zee Premiere, we cannot take this as compensation. This VOD service is playing new movies like other VOD in other DTH. But the said two channels are not playing new movies (though Zee Action is going to revamp currently not).

You also mentioned the movies are being aired after some days in regular movie channels. Yes it is. But it is the case with other DTH's VOD and they too are not offering their VOD for free. This fact applies for them too.

oh bro. the topic was for d2h vod services so i wrote that. they shud compensate n it is subjective also.
u rightly said that about the compensate comparison but i wrote in a different perspective. i said that many channels r missing n i just wrote some missing channel names only. i never said that vod can b compensated with hbo like channels but if they have less channels in its platform so these channels wud b free.

VOD = just a medium to loot people n to increase ARPU n to increase profits. we have nearly 40 english + hindi movie channels so what is the need of d2h cinema 1 n d2h cinema 2 + 60rs VOD services.

these r simply ways to loot people.
n also please b noted that, an mso like den have also three movie channels,for free,out of which one is continuously showing new movies n that too 4 free.

the packages r also very cheap in Den as compare to any dth.
i m not against any dth but if they r providing services, then it shud b good also, reasonable also n economical also.

y they r about to launch 4kuhd content when they don't have many more channels which they shud have had?

prateek1987 said:
oh bro. the topic was for d2h vod services so i wrote that. they shud compensate n it is subjective also.
u rightly said that about the compensate comparison but i wrote in a different perspective. i said that many channels r missing n i just wrote some missing channel names only. i never said that vod can b compensated with hbo like channels but if they have less channels in its platform so these channels wud b free.

VOD = just a medium to loot people n to increase ARPU n to increase profits. we have nearly 40 english + hindi movie channels so what is the need of d2h cinema 1 n d2h cinema 2 + 60rs VOD services.

these r simply ways to loot people.
n also please b noted that, an mso like den have also three movie channels,for free,out of which one is continuously showing new movies n that too 4 free.

the packages r also very cheap in Den as compare to any dth.
i m not against any dth but if they r providing services, then it shud b good also, reasonable also n economical also.

y they r about to launch 4kuhd content when they don't have many more channels which they shud have had?

If the discussion is about VOD and if it is a way to loot, it is applicable for all DTH right? Then why we are discussing only about D2H? We should discuss this in DTH Comparison section by considering the VOD services and its costs from other DTH too.

D2H is having D2H Movies 1 and 2 for free
Airtel is not having any VOD for free.
Sun is having Cinema club for free only for south customers that too specific to region.

D2H is having D2H Cinema at Rs.60 per month. This is for 4 new movies a month for any number of shows at any time.
Airtel is having Airtel Movies 1,2,3 etc at Rs.40 per show of new movies.
Airtel is also having Star Gold Hitz, Sony Max Hitz, Star Vijay Hitz at ~Rs.35 per month. But these are not showing new movies but only the movies that was already aired in Star Gold, Sony Max and Star Vijay.

I am not too sure about other DTH like Dish, TS and RDTV. If you look at D2H and Airtel, who will you call as a good looter?

Regarding missing channels, each DTH is having missing channels. If you consider Airtel, it is having all the channels that you are listing as missing in D2H. But still ADTV is also having VOD that too costly.

I completely agree that MSO's are playing new movies that too for free. If you want to compare MSO's with DTH, please create a thread and don't forget to include other DTH as well in addition to D2H.

By the way if you say 4K is not required when we have missing channels, this is applicable for TS also.

watever u n me said is true. but only perspective n perceptions r different.
i think in all the dth, vod services must b free as movies will b aired on tv channels.
so wat is the need of that channel? i just wanted to know how many users subscribed to VOD services. i guess it cannot b more than 2-3%. so useless services bro.

4kuhd- lets see how many people ll subscribe to that also. by the way how many subscribed to hd channels in a total percentage? merely 5-6% or may b 8-10%.

so i want all dths shud have all the important channels. about the adtv, adtv is much better than d2h. the sd n hd pq n aq is way better than in d2h.

adtv also has more channels than d2h, more channels mean important channels.
once i have heard, adtv n tata sky r for the class peoples who wanted good things.
n i think d2h targeted cheap customers. cheap customers mean those who want maximum in minimum.
people wanted to pay less n want more - d2h
people wanted to pay more n want good n best services - adtv & tata sky

while the packages r almost same in every dth, then y d2h can't provide good pq n aq for its customers.?

d2h is looting in this way. still the pq is substandard as compared to adtv, tata n rdtv, n they r launching uhd.

rather then providing new technologies, first improve the existing ones.
the aq of d2h is very very poor.
the pq of d2h is just ok but still it is sub standard.

d2h has more channels in its roi packs as compared to others, but does it mean that they compromise with quality?

prateek1987 said:
watever u n me said is true. but only perspective n perceptions r different.
i think in all the dth, vod services must b free as movies will b aired on tv channels.
so wat is the need of that channel? i just wanted to know how many users subscribed to VOD services. i guess it cannot b more than 2-3%. so useless services bro.

4kuhd- lets see how many people ll subscribe to that also. by the way how many subscribed to hd channels in a total percentage? merely 5-6% or may b 8-10%.

so i want all dths shud have all the important channels. about the adtv, adtv is much better than d2h. the sd n hd pq n aq is way better than in d2h.

adtv also has more channels than d2h, more channels mean important channels.
once i have heard, adtv n tata sky r for the class peoples who wanted good things.
n i think d2h targeted cheap customers. cheap customers mean those who want maximum in minimum.
people wanted to pay less n want more - d2h
people wanted to pay more n want good n best services - adtv & tata sky

while the packages r almost same in every dth, then y d2h can't provide good pq n aq for its customers.?

d2h is looting in this way. still the pq is substandard as compared to adtv, tata n rdtv, n they r launching uhd.

rather then providing new technologies, first improve the existing ones.
the aq of d2h is very very poor.
the pq of d2h is just ok but still it is sub standard.

d2h has more channels in its roi packs as compared to others, but does it mean that they compromise with quality?

Please confirm..

Are we discussing about VOD or PQ and AQ?

I will move some posts from this thread to DTH Comparison section soon..

Sadiq said:
Please confirm..

Are we discussing about VOD or PQ and AQ?

I will move some posts from this thread to DTH Comparison section soon..

bro everything is interdependent n i just wanted to say how d2h is looting customers.
so i just wanted to justify my point of view.

The point we started is that VOD should be free.

Next when I said VOD is cheaper in D2H comparing other DTH, the discussion started to make it free to compensate with unavailable channels.

Next when I said we can't compensate VOD for a regular channel the discussion started like D2H is looting with the name of VOD.

Next when I said it is applicable for the VOD in other DTH, the discussion started like D2H is having bad PQ.

What else? What is the agenda of the very first post where it is just mentioned "it should be free"?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock