Want to use same dth connection in two rooms

Hsingh77

Reaction score
Folks,

I know it might seem like this is common query but I think my requirement is slightly different.

I would like to watch my tata sky in two rooms. I don't mind one time spend on another set top box and cabling but I don't want to subscribe to their multi-tv connection as I will be watching TV only in one of the rooms at a time and I don't watch TV that often only when there is some special live event.

Any solutions?

Thanks for help!

Harmeet Singh

Took another new connection is the only solution...
Otherwise you need to subscribe multi-tv connection...

Saj 007 said:
Took another new connection is the only solution...
Otherwise you need to subscribe multi-tv connection...
Thanks Saj!

I feel I am being charged twice for same content. I would have been okay to pay for it had both TV were being used simultaneously.

I was told by someone there's an option to do this without multi-tv subscription or new connection wherein if you change channel in one room it changes to same channel in the other room also. But haven't been able to get further details on it.

Hsingh77 said:
Thanks Saj!

I feel I am being charged twice for same content. I would have been okay to pay for it had both TV were being used simultaneously.

I was told by someone there's an option to do this without multi-tv subscription or new connection wherein if you change channel in one room it changes to same channel in the other room also. But haven't been able to get further details on it.

( in my home we have two tv's - 1 led & 1crt
& i connect HDMI cable to led TV from STB...
& we all watch TV in led TV only...

but when my relative brothers want to have fun in our house by watching cricket/movie/gec...

Then i connect 5meters of RCB cable from STB to CRT TV for my parents in another room...

& we watch in led TV in other room....)

* connect both tv's with STB
by using HDMI Cable for 1 TV
& by using long RCB cable for another TV

or

* buy HDMI Splitter & connect two TVs with two HDMI Cables
(one of the HDMI cables should be very long)

or

* buy RCB Splitter & connect two TVs with two RCB Cables
(one of the RCB cables should be very long)

*# only same channel can be viewed in both TVs

Hi Sam,

I don't want to go down the splitter options as rooms are about 20 ft apart and there is no internal wiring option.

Thanks for suggestion though.

Regards
Harmeet Singh

Hi,

Take an add on connection but that will be at a price if not than try a splitter with that you will have 1 or 2 connections possible.. Generally category 5 cable works good for such purpose. Commonly called as cat 5 cable ; it is twisted pair of wires that is used for transmission of signals. 
The only thing is that both the TVs will have the same channels running because of the same STB.(set top box)

Hsingh77 said:
Folks,

I know it might seem like this is common query but I think my requirement is slightly different.

I would like to watch my tata sky in two rooms. I don't mind one time spend on another set top box and cabling but I don't want to subscribe to their multi-tv connection as I will be watching TV only in one of the rooms at a time and I don't watch TV that often only when there is some special live event.

Any solutions?

Thanks for help!

Harmeet Singh
Try their mobile tv to your another room beacuse they not take any charge.[emoji38]

I guess there is no solution for this. You will have to subscribe and pay for both the set top boxes.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock