We believe the new cable TV tariff order will benefit everyone - Hathway CEO TS Panes

• Thread starter hike
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 9
  • Views: Views 1,528

hike

Television Genius
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
We believe the new cable TV tariff order will benefit everyone - Hathway Cable video CEO TS Panesar

Tavinderjit Panesar is in the hot seat. As the CEO of the video business of the listed MSO and Rajan Raheja group company Hathway Cable & Datacom, he has to steer it in challenging times.

The company’s share price has been waddling around in Rs 30-40 price range despite being spoken of as one of the jewels in India’s cable TV sector, and attracting investment from international firms.

But, digitisation has put the entire sector under pressure; especially phase III and phase IV. Phase I and Phase II, while they have been reported as completed, have not resulted in the sector getting the same organised structure that the telecom sector is. Then, ARPUs from subscribers have increased only marginally, even as investments in infrastructure in terms of STBs, content from broadcasters, customer service, and programming have been going up.

To top it all, Indian broadcasters have objected to the draft tariff order that the industry regulator TRAI has issued, and have taken the matter to court. Which has left the distribution sector between a rock and a hard place as no one knows which direction tariffs will take.

In such a scenario, the feisty industry veteran will have to bring all his 13 years and more of TV distribution experience to bear in order to deliver what he has been brought in for. He took over as the CEO of the video business from Jagdish Kumar who departed from the company in November 2016.

Indiantelevision.com’s Parvinder Sandhu got into a conversation with Panesar to discuss about the industry, its state and the way forward. Excerpts:

We believe the new cable TV tariff order will benefit everyone - Hathway Cable video CEO TS Panesar | Indian Television Dot Com

Reactions: Omi
Hike bro why posting full long article? please do some edit those who are interested to read full article can read from link given, so try to add more important para only :k
Another thing there is dedicated forum for Hathway
Hathway-Digital-Cable-TV
so post under that section last time also you did same mistake bro :)

Hike doing this mistake knowingly. He PMed me before also that he want publicity of his thread and due to less replies he post in main section instead of sub section. I had also suggested him not to do such things even if you are doing for publicity. Additionally, long article should been made short and a link to full article can be shared as Shubh bro said.

Bapun Raz said:
Hike doing this mistake knowingly.
Oh! This time I have done it by knowing but here hathway person is discussing on TRAI order that's why. And, you also know that I don't do things which you said are wrong. And, sharing personal experience is not wrong RIGHT :tup

Shubh said:
Hike bro why posting full long article? please do some edit those who are interested to read full article can read from link given, so try to add more important para only :k
Another thing there is dedicated forum for Hathway
Hathway-Digital-Cable-TV
so post under that section last time also you did same mistake bro :)
I will remember both the point but it was about TRAI order that's why I have share in main section. And, I haven't done this knowingly. Bapun bro suggested me about this and I understand this many days back.
But, I think he taken me wrong.

With this order implemented,I think the following will happen.

1.Focus will shift more towards FTA channel.
2.Bundling of Pay channel will be difficult as the pack price will have to be min 85% of the price of its individual channel.

This will be like old CAS system and will force non popular channel to become FTA.Also subscribing to you Favorite channel will be cheaper.

im_dude said:
This will be like old CAS system and will force non popular channel to become FTA.Also subscribing to you Favorite channel will be cheaper.
And, that's going to be good bcoz what's benefit of digitization for customers we were paying 100 for all channels in delhi but today we're paying 250 for few Hindi Channels in DEN

hike said:
And, that's going to be good bcoz what's benefit of digitization for customers we were paying 100 for all channels in delhi but today we're paying 250 for few Hindi Channels in DEN

Yes of course.Bundling of crap channels will be difficult as a la carte will be lot cheaper and people will love to go by that.This will bring down cable/dth bill.

im_dude said:
Yes of course.Bundling of crap channels will be difficult as a la carte will be lot cheaper and people will love to go by that.This will bring down cable/dth bill.
Choosing base pack is compulsory also an issue and I don't like about that.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock