What about existing HD Recorder Customers?

Yesterday, I sent a mail to ADTV mentioning pros of a proper DVR and why they should retain one in their portfolio. As usual, I received a template reply that they have forwarded my feedback etc. But am still gonna keep writing to them to consider introducing an Android based DVR, a true successor of our HD Recorder.

I urge all DVR owners here to write to them aswell. I have a feeling that if this Airtel Internet Tv manages to sell in good number, Airtel might completely drop the idea of launching a DVR. Once again Tata Sky will become the only DTH company with DVR.

Seriously, ones you get used to a DVR it's impossible to return back to normal STB's.

shobhitk said:
+1 +1

Moreover, why was it so difficult to maintain the 2 antenna system of Airtel's HD DVRs? Why did Airtel become soooo ignorant for its HD DVR customers who have the facility of recording 2 channels at once? Bad decision i must say!

Actually single antenna input with dual tuners is possible. Tata Sky DVR having 3 tuners inbuilt with single antenna wire input to the STB. So its how the company design the hardware, if they want they can do. Else the old traditional device goes on. You can jump to other provider with better offerings surely. Unfortunately, portability is not an option for DTH sector.

Bapun Raz said:
Actually single antenna input with dual tuners is possible. Tata Sky DVR having 3 tuners inbuilt with single antenna wire input to the STB. So its how the company design the hardware, if they want they can do. Else the old traditional device goes on. You can jump to other provider with better offerings surely. Unfortunately, portability is not an option for DTH sector.

Thats fine, but does the Airtel website mention anywhere that they have 2 built-in tuners even though they are giving just 1 antenna input? These technologies surely do exist....but the question is whether Airtel is providing the same or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
thisisjagan said:
Internet TV is already a DVR? How? You have to know the difference between DVR and HD+ set top box. Internet TV is like HD+ not DVR.

Indeed it is a DVR. You just need to connect a hard drive and you are good to go. Checkout its remote, which has the features of recording and playback of live tv. Moreover you can head straight to Airtel Internet Tv website and checkout the details for yourself. For convenience i am posting a screenshot of the same below:-

m5Jxnsz.jpg

You can pause. But cannot rewind without pausing, this can be done in DVR. It's basic that Internet TV is not DVR. No arguments on this please.

Not arguing, was just sharing my views.

If thats the case, then i wont be quoting you again.

Regards

Actually DVRs have in built hard disk for storing reordered contents. It is not the case with airtel internet tv. Its not a dvr surely. Just plug and play usb type recording enabled device for which remote have pause skip etc buttons.

shobhitk said:
Not arguing, was just sharing my views.

If thats the case, then i wont be quoting you again.

Regards

Sorry bro if I offended you. Internet TV is an advanced version of HD+ STB. Things you cannot do with Internet TV are

No parallel recording. Which means, you cannot watch a channel and record another channel. Not even 2 channels from same Tp.

You cannot rewind a unrecorded programme.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock