Discussion What are some channels you think deserves a shutdown?

I adore your innocence. Its the target audience like yourself, that news channels exploit the most.
For real news, you shud start watching youtube channels, like Dhruv Rathi !! Search him on youtube, and you'll get d shock of your life !
It's not innocence bro. I am well aware of the things peddled by both sides of news channels. I was stating if right wingers are happy watching Republic TV and left wingers are happy watching NDTV. Why shouldn't these channels exist? It is serving it's target audience.

It's not innocence bro. I am well aware of the things peddled by both sides of news channels. I was stating if right wingers are happy watching Republic TV and left wingers are happy watching NDTV. Why shouldn't these channels exist? It is serving it's target audience.

Agreed. Actually news channels arent to be blamed entirely, we are also equally playing our part. Bhakts want to watch zee news, while anti ones wants to watch NDTV. Google functions d same way, it suggests d articles, one wants to read, if they 're pro - party, google suggests, pro news...
if against a party, google starts to suggest anti articles !! All is data science !!

I m learning data science btw, these days...lolz... offtopic !! :blush2:

Agreed. Actually news channels arent to be blamed entirely, we are also equally playing our part. Bhakts want to watch zee news, while anti ones wants to watch NDTV. Google functions d same way, it suggests d articles, one wants to read, if they 're pro - party, google suggests, pro news...
if against a party, google starts to suggest anti articles !! All is data science !!

I m learning data science btw, these days...lolz... offtopic !! :blush2:
I recommend watching Social Dilemma on Netflix.

In Kids Channels
1. Sony Yay- it deserves to be shut down they air non inspirational stupid animated shows , they are runing sony brand name - its very sad fact they are promoting their sub par kids channel aggressively but could nt do sane fr their earlier owned Animax Channel . Even if i forget about as it not owned by them . Sony airs better kids content even in our neighboring country through pop tv .They do air logical shows in their GEC i wonder why they cant do same in the kids channel - instead of making slapstick animated shows telling it as supporting indian animation , should nt they instead try to improve standard of animation .

2. POGO - it used to air good content nowadays same repeated shows , turmer should instead shut down the channel and could show same content in CN SD channel .

3. Sonic - They should shut down sonic it was launched as action kids channel , now they only show 1 or 2 kids series and repeat the shows . after shutting down sonic they could show sonic shows in nick sd channel itself .

4. Marvel HQ - Disney should shut down Marvel HQ , as in other countries Disney is shutting down Disney XD channel here thy might do same to Marvel HQ , they could air Marvel HQ shows either in Disney SD or in hungama tv , would make both their kids sd channels content lil more diverse.

5. Chithiram - they should shut down this kids channel at present they only air charlie chaplin silent movies , ranom kids animated series , rarely airred Asterix animated movies - at present they air old tamil movies . it would be better they shut down the channel or rebrand its genre to movies channel and air old tamil movies .

Movies
Star Gold Select SD & HD - they should shut down the movie channel could air the movies in star gold instead of airing same movies again in frequently.

Star Movies Select HD - channel should be shut down , they could air its movies in star movies channel itself and reduce star movies sd price similar to star movies select HD

&prive HD - channel should be shut down , its content could be aired in &flix HD channel itself

GEC
Star Bharat - its content could be aired in star utsav or star plus
&tv - its content could be aired in Zee tv or in Zee anmol and reduce channel price of Zee tv similar as &tv
Star world Premiere HD - should be shut down , its content could be aired in star world

Sports
Star sports Select SD & HD ,

NEWS HD ( P.S mentioning not related to bias but as they show similar show which is shown in SD , only few difference it would be better if they shut down HD channel as they show same shows most of the time, at present i dont think there is a need for any HD News channel -they can downscale an show same different content in their sd channel )

Infotainment
Discovery Turbo - they could air its shows in Discovery Science
TLC - shut down the channel could air same content in discovery channel

@Detective Conan bro.

Star Gold Select's niche library doesn't work on Star Gold. Hence, there is a seperate channel. If you follow the channel. It's an amazing movie channel. It only has one break of hardly 2 minutes.

And I completely disagree about shut down of HD news channel. We need more HD channels. For now you might not find any difference while watching news bulletin and debates. But when they air some content from other country or even an original documentaries. It looks amazing. By now I think all news channel shall adopt to 16:9. We have 4K TVs at home on which 4:3 channels looks bad.

Star Sports Select channels are the true sports channel of Star Network. They air cricket, football, mma, baseball, F1 Racing and what not.

And lastly about Marvel HQ. If they introduce HD feed and replace non Marvel HQ content with actual Marvel content. It can actually succeed.

Last edited:
In Kids Channels
1. Sony Yay- it deserves to be shut down they air non inspirational stupid animated shows , they are runing sony brand name - its very sad fact they are promoting their sub par kids channel aggressively but could nt do sane fr their earlier owned Animax Channel . Even if i forget about as it not owned by them . Sony airs better kids content even in our neighboring country through pop tv .They do air logical shows in their GEC i wonder why they cant do same in the kids channel - instead of making slapstick animated shows telling it as supporting indian animation , should nt they instead try to improve standard of animation .

2. POGO - it used to air good content nowadays same repeated shows , turmer should instead shut down the channel and could show same content in CN SD channel .

3. Sonic - They should shut down sonic it was launched as action kids channel , now they only show 1 or 2 kids series and repeat the shows . after shutting down sonic they could show sonic shows in nick sd channel itself .

4. Marvel HQ - Disney should shut down Marvel HQ , as in other countries Disney is shutting down Disney XD channel here thy might do same to Marvel HQ , they could air Marvel HQ shows either in Disney SD or in hungama tv , would make both their kids sd channels content lil more diverse.

5. Chithiram - they should shut down this kids channel at present they only air charlie chaplin silent movies , ranom kids animated series , rarely airred Asterix animated movies - at present they air old tamil movies . it would be better they shut down the channel or rebrand its genre to movies channel and air old tamil movies .

Movies
Star Gold Select SD & HD - they should shut down the movie channel could air the movies in star gold instead of airing same movies again in frequently.

Star Movies Select HD - channel should be shut down , they could air its movies in star movies channel itself and reduce star movies sd price similar to star movies select HD

&prive HD - channel should be shut down , its content could be aired in &flix HD channel itself

GEC
Star Bharat - its content could be aired in star utsav or star plus
&tv - its content could be aired in Zee tv or in Zee anmol and reduce channel price of Zee tv similar as &tv
Star world Premiere HD - should be shut down , its content could be aired in star world

Sports
Star sports Select SD & HD ,

NEWS HD ( P.S mentioning not related to bias but as they show similar show which is shown in SD , only few difference it would be better if they shut down HD channel as they show same shows most of the time, at present i dont think there is a need for any HD News channel -they can downscale an show same different content in their sd channel )

Infotainment
Discovery Turbo - they could air its shows in Discovery Science
TLC - shut down the channel could air same content in discovery channel
Add these channels too:
Big Magic
Sahara series
Zee Action, Zee Classic, Zee Bollywood, &pictures
Star Gold 2
Sony Max 2
Utv (any 1 ch).
More channels fetch less TRP. What's the use of getting an overcrowded market?
Also, I agree as someone earlier said, Utsav Anmol Rishtey Pal like rerun channels should be shut down. People in rural should get good content too, at low price.
Also, Sab and SET may merge to a single channel consisting of TMKOC, mythological series, TKSS and KBC and other combinations under a single channel which would make a single channel a strong and better contender.

Add these channels too:
Big Magic
Sahara series
Star Gold 2
Sony Max 2
Utv (any 1 ch).
Also, I agree as someone earlier said, Utsav Anmol Rishtey Pal like rerun channels should be shut down. People in rural should get good content too, at low price.
Also, Sab and SET may merge to a single channel consisting of TMKOC, mythological series, TKSS and KBC and other combinations under a single channel which would make a single channel a strong and better contender.

I Disagree with you regarding merger of sab tv and set as both have different content , sab tv is popular and comes regularly in top barc ratings they cater to comedy / drama youth genre . so it would be better if they both remain different channels though it would be better if sony reduces sab tv sd channel price .

Regarding rerun channel shutting down even i feel it would be good , it would be better only if the broadcasters take initiative keep channel price low of their main gec channel or their 2nd GEC Channel , otherwise shutting down of its rerun channel wont be right as people in rural wont get the channels -i do agree rural people do have right to get good content and latest content . even some of the urban people subcribe to rerun gec due to its lower pricing and they depend on online fr newer episodes or shows.

Add these channels too:
Big Magic
Sahara series
Star Gold 2
Sony Max 2
Utv (any 1 ch).
Big Magic, Zee Anmol, Colors Rishtey etc. are FTA channels on DD Freedish. It's offered on complimentary basis. Where users are expected to spend bandwidth to watch old nostalgic shows. DD Freedish users are getting it completely for free.

SAB and SET cannot be merged. They have way too much content. Here they are making double the revenue. Why would they ruin a successful business by merging it?

Meanwhile second movie channels are badly needed when the library of broadcasters are so huge.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock