Discussion What are some channels you think deserves a shutdown?

I Disagree with you regarding merger of sab tv and set as both have different content , sab tv is popular and comes regularly in top barc ratings they cater to comedy / drama youth genre . so it would be better if they both remain different channels though it would be better if sony reduces sab tv sd channel price .

Regarding rerun channel shutting down even i feel it would be good , it would be better only if the broadcasters take initiative keep channel price low of their main gec channel or their 2nd GEC Channel , otherwise shutting down of its rerun channel wont be right as people in rural wont get the channels -i do agree rural people do have right to get good content and latest content . even some of the urban people subcribe to rerun gec due to its lower pricing and they depend on online fr newer episodes or shows.
Frankly speaking, Sony can't compete the other 3 Hindi ECs in prime time slot. It has never ever won in that time slot. So if there is a merger, it can have the mature content slot from 5.30 to 8, then satire slot from 8 to 10.30. That way, it would help in catching views from both sides in 1 channel. Earlier we have seen Star Plus having good Tvr for shows from 6 to 7.30 slot. So this may work for Sony if they take up that slot.
Regarding reruns, I feel rerun channels have lost what they were meant to be originally. 10 years ago, there would be serials running 3 years later on Zee Smile/Star Utsav than Zee TV/Star Plus. Now, you see the channel, there are always some 2 or 3 serials running throughout the day. Well that is ao silly, even if it fetches TRP (If we go for TRP, then even Bhagyas, Kasautii like regressive contents are OKAY, but it is not so).

@veer32564 Bro Merging Sony And Sony Sab Is Like Merging Zee TV - &TV And Star Plus - Star Bharat🤦🏻‍♂️

they are making double the revenue. Why would they ruin a successful business by merging it?
If you ask me about revenue, then even STAR Bharat, &TV look legit. Cause they are earning the money even if less people watch it.
Regarding the movie and FTA genre, yes, that way it seems right.

@veer32564 Bro Merging Sony And Sony Sab Is Like Merging Zee TV - &TV And Star Plus - Star Bharat🤦🏻‍♂️
Zee TV - &TV and Star Plus - Star Bharat merger SHOULD happen soon. Have you seen their TRPs? All serials add up to match TRP of 1 serial of mainstream Hindi GEC. The channels fetch lower TRPs than even many regional GECs.

More than Shut down I would really like the rebranding of Sports channels especially updating the logos. Both Sony and Star.

Speaking of Shutting down
- Being one among tamil audience, I would want Most tamil channels to be shut down specially
* Kalaignar Murasu, News, Chithiram
* News - Jaya, Raj, Sun, Thanthi, Sathiyam
* GEC - Color tamil SD and HD (for the tamil movie library that they have), Mega, Captain, Polimer (I am much happier with polimer being Polimer news alone)
* all evangelicals irrecpective of religion
* Vijay Super (shut down SD version and only have HD version since most MSO / DTH can telecast downscaled HD version)

* Sports - Shutting down of regional sports and offering language feeds on english channels
* English GEC - Disney International HD (launching a channel that would bring disney+ content to TV)
* English News - Republic, Times HD world (most might disagree), ET now (Shut down SD and launch HD)

Last edited:
* English GEC - Disney International HD (launching a channel that would bring disney+ content to TV)
Disney+ original will never come on satellite tv. Best part of Disney Fox deal is Disney's originals never leaving tv. Not only that I am glad that old Star India team is gone.

Disney+ original will never come on satellite tv. Best part of Disney Fox deal is Disney's originals never leaving tv.
Agreed. I still do not want Disney+ originals. Probably the older content like the Star wars series, Marvel comics both live action and animated and some Disney musicals. Since Disney has been doing this for a long time now they can use those content on television.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock