Discussion What are the cons of owning a Tata Sky connection?

The Lonelier Island

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Today @DominicT bro got a new connection. He addressed some cons of Tata Sky like barker notification on unsubscribed channel and placement of favourite channel. Which I also find annoying.

So let's discuss cons about things you don't like about Tata Sky?

Please Tata Sky and former Tata Sky users only participate on this discussion.

Tata Sky is no doubt a great DTH provider but everything comes with a price. Tata Sky always had one of the highest prices among all DTH operators and even after the NTO 2.0, Tata Sky own packs had a very hefty price tags compared to other operators like DISH TV who provide significant discount over the NCF if their own pack is selected.

I use Since it Was Launched Not Facing Any issue Since Last 13 years (2007 To 2020) My Connection Running Smoothly only 1 Time Face When They Denied my Relocation Request in my New Appartment Due To Lco (Local Cable Operater) Harshment To Their Installer Otherwise Tata Sky Is Value For Money Brand With Best Service.

Today @DominicT bro got a new connection. He addressed some cons of Tata Sky like barker notification on unsubscribed channel and placement of favourite channel. Which I also find annoying.

So let's discuss cons about things you don't like about Tata Sky?

Please Tata Sky and former Tata Sky users only participate on this discussion.
Thanks bro for the thread. I think favourite LCN starting at 900 is fine since there is a dedicated Favourites button. But it is quiet difficult to rearrange the list.

2 nice to have features in my opinion:
• Bit more lower placement of the Tata Sky logo.
• Addition of an "Exit" button in the remote - Sometimes we will have to press the back button several times in order to close all the open settings. A dedicated Exit button can make things easier.

Anyway these are not a big deal and can't be really classified as cons 😄

I think favourite LCN starting at 900 is fine since there is a dedicated Favourites button. But it is quiet difficult to rearrange the list.
Agree to this point, it would be amazing if they make rearranging favourites easier.

Addition of an "Exit" button in the remote - Sometimes we will have to press the back button several times in order to close all the open settings. A dedicated Exit button can make things easier.
Press 'TV' button, it will close any menu directly in one click.

Agree to this point, it would be amazing if they make rearranging favourites easier.
Also give more slots for favourite selection. LCN arrangement is horrible. Specially for regional channels. You go from news channel to music channel to news channel again. HD and SD channel having adjacent slots makes it even worse specially with barker noise.

As a previous Airtel DTH user, I'm very happy with TataSky's services to me. Customer care support is awesome, if I have to nitpick for their Cons, I think their audio level is lesser when compared to my previous DTH. And based on feedback from Binge customers, absence of Netflix.

Bro, this is a very useful thread. Please make this cons thread for all DTH in respective sections, it will be useful for many users.

Here are the cons I hate.

1. Barker notification and rain message. Just display the message. We don't need to listen to a audio message over and over again.

2. LCN Placement. Segregate the SD and HD. It's annoying browsing through non subscribed channels.

3. Or if above ain't happening. Give profile options like cable does. And increase the limit for favorite channels from 50 to 100.

4. Recognised Assamese as a language. It has 11 channels on your platform for crying out loud.

5. Also &XplorHD. We still need that bollywood channel.

6. Also bring back minimum recharge limit back to ₹20. It's easier for us to get cashback and ₹20 is also a revenue. It should count.

yeah though already mentioned fav channels count of 50 is less need atleast 100.
Also new msg popup are annoying, there should be option to switch it off for those who want to.
I handle my tata sky via app though is watched by parents who can't read popup.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock