Discussion What are your expectations from TV industry for 2023?

The Lonelier Island

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Here are mine.

1. A western expansion of Sony Zee's network. It's high time Gujarat gets an alternative to Colora Gujarat. A frssh GEC is needed.

2. HD regional channels. I expect this year to be first year that channels like Rang and Rengoni to get a HD variant.

2. Rebranding of Cartoon Network and content shuffle among all Discovery Kids, Pogo and Cartoon Network. Expecting a classic and kids block on any of the Turner channel. Waiting for old episodes like Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry etc.

3. Sony finally dropping the Ten branding. Apart from WWE and Champions league. Apart from WWE. There is nothing nostalgia about it.

4. Shutdown of Star Gold Select SD. C'mon, these movies they air have enough airing across all Star Gold Select SD, Star Gold Select HD and even Channel V. Time to get rid of it.

5. Viacom18 finally getting the big BCCI rights.

1. Shutting down unnecessary channels and provide more HD channels... ( I don't think there is need for this many channels at least by big broadcasters and still sd channels launching 2022 this need to be changed)
2. Produce good content and dub them into all luangages ( this need to be done so that broadcasters can save money which they can invest in for proper new content)
3. Improve the quality of content stop repeating same daily soaps by changing characters and storyline with same concepts...
4. Content exclusivity, broadcasters need to stop giving the content to OTT Atleast they need to stop giving on same day, before airing on TV... ( producing content with the money of paytv revenue and using the content to promote ott isn't fair)
5. Proper ad placement in shows and movies and use other ways for ad revenue like onscreen ads etc.,
6. Changing the channel logo to small and use premium logos Atleast for premium channels...
7. Dth operators need to follow some standards like transparent logos,easy of use app support etc.,
8.finally, removing of NTO regulations 🙂... Atleast removal of max pricing regulations

Here are mine:-

1. All channels should remove their logo during ads just like international or atleast make it transparent.

2. Star Bharat should off-air completely because 2nd GEC channel always not work in TV industry except SAB.

3. Sony Sab HD should air old TMKOC episodes. Not all time but 4-5 episodes per day. It will be okay if they air in 4:3 ratio.

4. Star Movies is now in need for a complete revamp. Fed up of old star logo.

5. & lastly, reduction in TV bills.

Here are mine.

1. A western expansion of Sony Zee's network. It's high time Gujarat gets an alternative to Colora Gujarat. A frssh GEC is needed.

2. HD regional channels. I expect this year to be first year that channels like Rang and Rengoni to get a HD variant.

2. Rebranding of Cartoon Network and content shuffle among all Discovery Kids, Pogo and Cartoon Network. Expecting a classic and kids block on any of the Turner channel. Waiting for old episodes like Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry etc.

3. Sony finally dropping the Ten branding. Apart from WWE and Champions league. Apart from WWE. There is nothing nostalgia about it.

4. Shutdown of Star Gold Select SD. C'mon, these movies they air have enough airing across all Star Gold Select SD, Star Gold Select HD and even Channel V. Time to get rid of it.

5. Viacom18 finally getting the big BCCI rights.

Star Gold Select SD/HD is very much needed...infact it airs many offbeat /critically acclaimed as well as underrated mainstream bollywood movies in prime slots .... Some of these movies usually r either aired less on their main hindi movie channels or aired mostly in watershed hours and most of the large catalogue of offbeat bollywood cinema does not get key slot airing on their main channels and very few such films r even get aired in watershed hours.
Disney-Star needs to surely continue these channels and add more bollywood movies to its schedule which they r still doing but still pace is somewhat slow which u believe will be improved in 2023

Here are mine:-

1. All channels should remove their logo during ads just like international or atleast make it transparent.

2. Star Bharat should off-air completely because 2nd GEC channel always not work in TV industry except SAB.

3. Sony Sab HD should air old TMKOC episodes. Not all time but 4-5 episodes per day. It will be okay if they air in 4:3 ratio.

4. Star Movies is now in need for a complete revamp. Fed up of old star logo.

5. & lastly, reduction in TV bills.

Wait a little more, Star Bharat will either make a comeback on DD Free Dish or might be rebranded into some new kind of Hindi GEC channel or be replaced with a new channel of another genre .

Star Movies logo is fine, it is an iconic logo and they have continued using the same all over the world wherever the channel has presence. Some old style things should be cherished rather than just always seeking for modernisation or upgrade.... All Star Movies needs to do is to improve its packaging and presentation, they should make more attractive promos and make some changes in graphics...also most importantly make a transition towards 16:9 aspect ratio for airing content on Star Movies SD and even adopt the same strategy for Star Movies Select SD (right from launch date)

Star Gold Select SD/HD is very much needed...infact it airs many offbeat /critically acclaimed as well as underrated mainstream bollywood movies in prime slots .... Some of these movies usually r either aired less on their main hindi movie channels or aired mostly in watershed hours and most of the large catalogue of offbeat bollywood cinema does not get key slot airing on their main channels and very few such films r even get aired in watershed hours.
Disney-Star needs to surely continue these channels and add more bollywood movies to its schedule which they r still doing but still pace is somewhat slow which u believe will be improved in 2023
I agree. But it caters to a specific niche audience who prefers a better premier experience. Hence, a HD channel was started. SD feed was never needed. This is why channels like MN+ and &Xplor HD. I hope they add independent movies. Not just some niche channel and bomb movies of bollywood.
Wait a little more, Star Bharat will either make a comeback on DD Free Dish or might be rebranded into some new kind of Hindi GEC channel or be replaced with a new channel of another genre .
It could be a re-run channel with some fresh content. It will have advantage of having a HD feed.

2023 is going to be merger year

Sony Zee deal :
Jan 12 - 14 will be hearing of plea against the zee sony merge.
Zee will likely launch urdu/kashmiri channel.
Zee news will spinoff to form a new media entity

Sony Zee no deal:
In this case sony will look for potential buyout of some small scale media properties in south india
As soon as the deal collapses , zee will take back ten brand from Sony

Disney Star:
star will launch more movie channels as expected
Disney star will look for releasing animated bramhastra and try to turn it into franchise and merchandise.

Viacom18 :
Launch of new streaming service
Buy of BCCI
Launch of sports channel
Probably Colors kannada will cross 1000AMA
Viacom18 will buy small film studios .

Here's mine -

(1) More finite series on big hindi GECs. More experimental shows at primetime. Quality content with tight script and definitely higher production values.

(2) A dedicated hindi GEC for urban youth audience by Star network.

(3) Graphics refreshment for Starplus. Rebranding for Zee TV and Colors TV with new logo and graphics.

My points.

1. Firstly, there has to be a proper revamp of Colors TV i.e., there has to be attractive and decent graphics and at the same time they have make use of it consistently.

2. Launch of Star Gold 2 HD and Disney Channel HD. Launching of both these channels has been delayed due to NTO 2.0 and hopefully they are launched in 2023 along with implementation of NT0 2.0 (as of now, it is said that these two channels along with other channels will launch on 1st February 2023).

3. If possible, there can be a revamp of Zee channels since it has been more than five years since Zee Network revamped.

4. Most importantly, Zee-Sony merger has to happen/complete and we can expect new stuffs, channel revamps (as stated in point 3).

5. &tv can shut down, if not at least the HD version can shut down.

6. More regional HD channels should be launched.

7. Since many broadcasters are adopting 16:9 ratio for SD channels, it will be good if all the major networks (mainly Zee channels) adopt it.

8. Lastly, pricing of certain channels can be reduced.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock