Discussion What could be the possible reasons for Sun Direct having very very less number of Gujarati Channels ?

Bishnu15

Contributor
Reaction score
What could be the possible reasons for Sun Direct having very very less number of Gujarati Channels ?

Lets discuss.

1. Is it due to a Chennai company against Modiji as South Indians mostly are ?
2. Lack of tp space ? (which is unlikely)
3. Less presence of Sun DTH in Gujarat ?
4. Other DTH Players better in Gujarat ?
5. Market not stable ?
6. Gujaratis prefer cable over DTH ?

What could be right ? Lets discuss with an open mind.

In the last 6 months or so in spite of having tp space and adding so many North Indian Channels, Gujarati channels were missing. Only ABP Asmita was added. And Colors Gujarathi EPG was updated to Colors Gujarati. In 2018, TV9 Gujarati was removed. Even Gujarati Megashine Packs were dropped. Currently no DPO for Gujarati Language. Apart from two FTA Gujarati Channels only Colors Gujarati available @ RS 6 p.m.

I learnt from this forum at one point of time they were testing VTV Gujarati, TV9 Gujarati, Sandesh News etc. What happened ? I think I saw this in a thread of @Vadirocks bro.

Lets discuss. Very less Gujarati Channels. No Colors Gujarati Cinema, TV9 Gujarati, VTV Gujarati, Lakshya TV, Sandesh News etc.

At one point of time even RDTV / Independent TV bogus among all dths used to carry Lakshya TV and TV9 Gujarati. Independent TV still carried TV9 Gujarati before it stopped transmission.

Even DD Free Dish carries Vande Gujarat Channels plus AIR Gujarati and DD Girnar.

So what could be the real matter with sun direct ???

discussions in a healthy way welcome....

simple its a positioned itself as a "regional DTH" player from south Indian since its inception. It never tried to build it's national image thus its service did not resonate with people in the rest of the country.
AThe offering is also designed to cater to certain community/region

No body replying. It seems nobody is interested in this topic. @Vadirocks bro I am really keen to know your opinion.

simple its a positioned itself as a "regional DTH" player from south Indian since its inception. It never tried to build it's national image thus its service did not resonate with people in the rest of the country.
AThe offering is also designed to cater to certain community/region
Denying to agree. Now it has added almost all ROI Channels except Gujarati and Urdu.

Gujarati has the fewest channels of the ten main regional languages. Even Odia and Assamese have more channels, let alone Punjabi which has so many channels now. Almost all Gujarati channels are news channels except Colors Gujarati, Colors Gujarati Cinema and DD Girnar (I don't know any others). SS1 Gujarati is unlikely to launch.

However the Gujarati news market is growing rapidly, with 8 news channels and 1 business news channel (CNBC Bajar).

Gujarati has the fewest channels of the ten main regional languages. Even Odia and Assamese have more channels. Almost all Gujarati channels are news channels except Colors Gujarati, Colors Gujarati Cinema and DD Girnar (I don't know any others). SS1 Gujarati is unlikely to launch.
Lakshya TV, Dhamaal Gujarat

AFAIK, Only 2nd & 3rd Points Bro!

But That's Not Too Long!

They Will Star Adding!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock