• Replies: Replies 3
  • Views: Views 19,830

Vikram

Reaction score
A option EMM/ECM Monitoring in my stb Ca Status Menu,
11bi4gm.jpg

and When Select this Receiver Show :​
xpy0j7.jpg

What is EMM/ECC Monitoring ? :thinking: :smiley-shocked028: Can We Editing These Key ? :(

hey i think its in all fta stb:smiley-shocked028:

I just googled the terms, I got the meaning. I don't fully understand, but our experts can explain better.

Meaning of EMM – “Entitlement Management Message”, is an encrypted message that contains private conditional access information about the authority a viewer has to aquire reception for such services as cable or satellite television.
Scrambling and encryption are used in a Conditional Access System to prevent users from acquiring an unauthorized reception on their Satellite or Cable TV system. An Entitlement Control Message (ECM) contains access criteria and a scrambled key called a control word. The ECM is sent encrypted to the receiver, or Set Top Box (STB), in a customer's home. If the customer is authorized to acquire the reception, a subsystem in the receiver will decrypt the message. An EMM generator, a component in a conditional access system, is used to is send EMMs to the receiver. The generator receives commands from a subscriber management system and creates EMMs that get sent to the viewing card or to relay messages to the cable operators. The receiver knows whether or not the customer is authorized because of the authority is contained in an EMM.

Meaning of ECM

“Entitlement Control Message”, is an encrypted message that is used to prevent unauthorized reception for such services as cable or satellite television. Scrambling and encryption are used in a Conditional Access System to prevent users from acquiring an unauthorized reception on their Satellite or Cable TV system. An Entitlement Control Message contains access criteria and a scrambled key called a control word. The ECM is sent encrypted to the receiver, or Set Top Box (STB), in a customer's home. If the customer is authorized to acquire the reception, a subsystem in the receiver will decrypt the message. The receiver knows whether or not the customer is authorized because the authority is sent to the receiver in an Entitlement Management Message (EMM). A Condition Access System employs a layered approach to security. Every ten seconds the control word is changed and the ECMs are changed every month or so to prevent hackers from gaining access.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock