What is special in India's first ad-free channels HBO Defined and HBO Hits?

supermachi

Banned
Reaction score
Hi friends,

What is special in India's first ad-free channels HBO Defined and HBO Hits?

Are they playing good and exclusive movies? I think they are playing same as hbo channel. Why we need to pay Rs.79/99?

First special thing is movies are ad-free. Second special thing is that some popular movies are shown in dual language (Hindi+English) and third special thing is exclusive HBO original series.

One more thing! Channels are HD.

Re: RE: What is special in India's first ad-free channels HBO Defined and HBO Hits?

supermachi said:
most of the movies already telecasted in hbo!!!

but they were not in hd .... we all know that these chs r not worth 79 rs in sd and i guess u use a sd stb so thats why u r asking questns or may be u havent xperienced hd chs ....whatever the reasons these chs r verrrrrry good in hd n apropriate in price and not in sd especially at such high price

If HD is a special feature then what are Star Movies HD, Movies Now HD and Zee Studio HD doing? I think, the question should be answered by quoting what exclusive shows/movies are they offering to match the high pricing. Like SWP HD claims to make popular tv series air in India at same time as US.

Agree, HBO Hitz and Defined are ad-free but is the content worth that high price. No point if they are telecasting the same movies again and again.

Can someone please list out exclusive shows on these HBO channels?

For me these are ad free, I could not watch a single movie on movies now HD or so, HBO series just after few days of USA, excellent pic and audio quality and dual language and above all I am able to see at least 1 movie or serial on one of these every day...also as more and more money broadcaster will get, we will get more new content as well...for me these are real first movie channels in real sense...

The below list include upcoming and reruns of shows coming or going to come on HBO.
They are running The Newsroom & Strike Back from beginning in DualLanguage now and recently they rerun Banshee S1 in DualLanguage and Band of Brothers, Rome, Soporonos, Entrouge are already in DualLanguage.
True Detective S1
Banshee S2
Getting On S1
Treme S4
Broadwalk Empire
The Newsroom S3
Jamie's Private School S1
Hunted S1
Rome
Veep
Enlightment
Strike Back
Game Of Thrones

Movies

Mission Impossible 4
The Dark Knight Rises
The Perk of being a wallflower
Argo
Lincoln
etc came first on these channels and many in DualLanguage.

I hope this proves the channels worth its prices in HD only not SD.

The only special things are ad free, too much high price and only available as a la carte

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock