Seeking Help What is the charge for replacement of Tata Sky STB?

Jithin91

Contributor
Reaction score
guys what the charge for replacement stb. technician came and changed the old stb to new and asked me to recharge for 400

You must pay rs 400 for stb and rs 175 for service charge
The stb was restarting itself last week. the technician came and told its the issue with adapter. he changed the adapter and charged 300. Then told if the issue happens again he will come and change the box. today he came and change the box to new technicolor. cardless one. Then told me to recharge the account for 400. The total cost is 700. 300 already with him. 600 for stb and 100 for service charge.

I havent recharged yet.

The stb was restarting itself last week. the technician came and told its the issue with adapter. he changed the adapter and charged 300. Then told if the issue happens again he will come and change the box. today he came and change the box to new technicolor. cardless one. Then told me to recharge the account for 400. The total cost is 700. 300 already with him. 600 for stb and 100 for service charge.

I havent recharged yet.
Actually ur stb has some problem.. But technician did not understand the issue. Maybe same issue showing in both devices, some adopter has output volt showing variation.

Last edited:

I havent recharged yet.
Facing Same issue with my HD box.
Restarts. Hangs. Video stucks.screen goes black. But if I press info button it shows info despite the black screen.

Should I go for stb replacement OR first ask them for Annual service Contract activation.

Facing Same issue with my HD box.
Restarts. Hangs. Video stucks.screen goes black. But if I press info button it shows info despite the black screen.

Should I go for stb replacement OR first ask them for Annual service Contract activation.
ask the technician to come and check.

For me it was my samsung remote messing up with stb.

The techninan couldn't identify the issue. So he simply changed the stb and gone.
After that also the same issue happened. but at a time i stopped using samasung remote while stb was on.
Then there was no issue.

guys what the charge for replacement stb. technician came and changed the old stb to new and asked me to recharge for 400
Yes They Charged 400 for replacement of my HD STB in July. They are saying Technician Visit is free but STB costs 400/-. They will deduct this amount from Account.

ask the technician to come and check.

For me it was my samsung remote messing up with stb.

The techninan couldn't identify the issue. So he simply changed the stb and gone.
After that also the same issue happened. but at a time i stopped using samasung remote while stb was on.
Then there was no issue.
Got it replaced, working fine now.
400 rs charged and it'll have a warranty of 1year.

(Amount hasn't been deducted yet)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock