Discussion What's stopping Cartoon Network and Pogo from airing old cartoons?

The Lonelier Island

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
I am seriously depressed and frustrated. We had so much good content from good animation Tom & Jerry, Bob The Builder, The Flinstones, Scooby Doo, Postman Pat, Camp Lazlo, Make Way for Noddy, Johnny Bravo, Courage the Cowardly Dog etc. to reality shows like F.A.Q. , MAD and Takeshis Castle.

I don't know how much billions these shows cost that networks can't afford and just won't bring it back. Image how ridiculous it is that garbage saas bahu serials gets so many reruns. But not our favourite cartoons.

Can anyone tell me why aren't these shows coming again?

I understand your words. Same I'm also missing this cartoon show.
This shows Golden Era Cartoon.
But why they are not telecasting them. If we request them in social is possible to telecast in future
They are aware about it. Disney has brought back it's original programming with Disney International HD. But Turner is always having a blind eye towards it.
Boomerang is doing exactly that in other countries
I think we had Toonami. They didn't distribute it aggressive. Instead they shut down within 3 years of it's launch.
i also feel same they should bring back old cartoons like captain planet, adams family, scooby doo, tom and jerry miss those days...now days cartoon are just crap
Children would appreciate old cartoons but broadcasters just won't show them.

I think maybe the current distribution rights for the classic cartoons maybe costly for Cartoon Network and Pogo. The Indian cartoons are cheap for this Network. Plus the Trai Order has made the channels to invest less on Quality Content as they can't increase the Channel Price with the fear of subscriber loss. I would like the Indian channels to take a risk in Encouraging Animes to Kids and Teens.Below 16 will be Quality Cartoon and 16+ will be a Quality Anime Channels for Teens and Adults.

I think maybe the current distribution rights for the classic cartoons maybe costly for Cartoon Network and Pogo. The Indian cartoons are cheap for this Network. Plus the Trai Order has made the channels to invest less on Quality Content as they can't increase the Channel Price with the fear of subscriber loss. I would like the Indian channels to take a risk in Encouraging Animes to Kids and Teens.Below 16 will be Quality Cartoon and 16+ will be a Quality Anime Channels for Teens and Adults.

I don't think it would be that costly for CN India , they are able to air old series in CN pak (our neighbor) country & in CN Asia in neighbor country Bangladesh . they are getting good ad revenue in pogo & CN. they can definitely afford to air it for short duration in a day in their CN channel.

Only reason they decided to stat airing tom &jerry series few months back in CN India. to make people (kids) to come and watch in theatres (though even i dont like over exaggerated voice over of tom & jerry which indirectly makes it like oggy and cockroaches (hindi audio)

they could at least air old series cn hd+ along with new shows, they could air old series all 3 audios English , hindi & tamil. The reason toonami was not successful was they didn't gave all 3 audio option which was available earlier when toonami segment shows used to air in India along with english audio.

May be they invested lot of money on dubbing & producing lot of local animation quick basis. they want to extract as much return on interest on it till they get more profits. it might be one the reason why they aired so many times rerun of old eps pf already aired /local dubbed shows.

they could at least bring boomerang segment with all audio option in CN SD or CN HD+ so that people could enjoy old shows.

I don't think it would be that costly for CN India , they are able to air old series in CN pak (our neighbor) country & in CN Asia in neighbor country Bangladesh . they are getting good ad revenue in pogo & CN. they can definitely afford to air it for short duration in a day in their CN channel.

Only reason they decided to stat airing tom &jerry series few months back in CN India. to make people (kids) to come and watch in theatres (though even i dont like over exaggerated voice over of tom & jerry which indirectly makes it like oggy and cockroaches (hindi audio)

they could at least air old series cn hd+ along with new shows, they could air old series all 3 audios English , hindi & tamil. The reason toonami was not successful was they didn't gave all 3 audio option which was available earlier when toonami segment shows used to air in India along with english audio.

May be they invested lot of money on dubbing & producing lot of local animation quick basis. they want to extract as much return on interest on it till they get more profits. it might be one the reason why they aired so many times rerun of old eps pf already aired /local dubbed shows.

they could at least bring boomerang segment with all audio option in CN SD or CN HD+ so that people could enjoy old shows.
You points are pretty good and valid.But what is your opinion on 16+ Teen and Adult Anime Channel? I think Anime Culture is sadly dying in India due No much promotion from Mainstream Animation Channels.

You points are pretty good and valid.But what is your opinion on 16+ Teen and Adult Anime Channel? I think Anime Culture is sadly dying in India due No much promotion from Mainstream Animation Channels.

Lets remove Adult word ,only india it means weird I mean in film certification etc from that point of view .
it might seem like that it is dying but opposite of that is happening. its 16+ , action /thriller/sci-fi/slice of life , romcom , anime is increasing its viewers slowly among teens indirectly through OTT platforms and social media -fb , instagram , youtube channel thanks to Netflix India which regularly posts about anime in their YouTube channel and their social media handle. thanks to it many of them got to know about Death Note /Demon Slayer.

they are learning about it through their online peers , who motivate them to watch its increasing but slowly. sadly they hide their anime fandom as most people call it cartoons for kids. so they view it in private. AOT s4 was trending in India in twitter. its increasing albeit slowly. Anime events happens yearly at least once, this year it would be online.

Adult anime channel time being cant expect . thanks to meaning Adult word related to certification film gets i remembered AdultSwim segment which CN airs in midnight in USA . which i can surely tell CN India wont even dare/try to launch segment named Adult in CN in kids segment in India- where in US they air mature animation with min or no censor and action anime. they could have launched Toonami name.

only adult show with censor allow in Indian channel seem to be crime shows or in reality show showing cringe contests or playing awful songs.
any blood scene in anime/kids anime were censored they even stopped airing Shinchan in 2008 earlier when they used to air with very less censor. then parents complained children are imitating or it might have bad impact on children ( only reason was shinchan use to call his mom by calling her name mitsi , & his pranks etc) so they manage to ban it through mib. thankfully hungama tv & several kids requested they tried hard and maage to get it unban on the condition they should censor most of inappropriate scenes . after ban was removed after appeal they started airing shinchan with over censored or edited scenes from 2009 April approx.

Shinchan though earlier was made to cater to adult family members . shinchan anime makers were astonished to find its growing appeal towards small children and family. after that they started making it more family friendly and reducing inappropriate scenes. they added family atics and and his small baby sis himawari antics childishness etc . now recent eps are more family friendly. kochikame they stopped airing entirely.

even if somebody ends up launching anime channel it need to censor some more intense action scene showing blood or launch as a hd channel in teen niche category with english , hindi & tamil audio. they should not launch it in kids channel segment otherwise somebody will again appeal and even that newly created anime channel woud be forced to rebrand like discovery kids .

CN - wont air anime as in US and most part they air their old toons and nick similar their head . im not sure feels they dont even care. they didnt even support SWAT KATs revolution sequel series of popular action .

CN India earlier in 2004 -2010 , only reason it used to air some anime series was because to compete against Animax and hungama tv and even nick . as Animax became less available in dth other channels atarted getting more lead in dth and animax was only present in cable at that time they tried to experiment with less acquired content . Even Animax used to censor some inappropriate scenes as it also airs in malaysia and singapore. in recent few year back if i remember. before that also show warning.

At present most channel wont take any risk , only hope is on foreign media channel to launch Anime channel in India which airs both kids anime & teen anime 13/16+ . niche teen anime fans are happy to watch anime online / otherwise they wont b able to watch along with their families unless otherwise they end up having their own tv in their room. even if they manage to have tv/pc - tv tuner card . most would be busy due to studies. online.

I am seriously depressed and frustrated. We had so much good content from good animation Tom & Jerry, Bob The Builder, The Flinstones, Scooby Doo, Postman Pat, Camp Lazlo, Make Way for Noddy, Johnny Bravo, Courage the Cowardly Dog etc. to reality shows like F.A.Q. , MAD and Takeshis Castle.

I don't know how much billions these shows cost that networks can't afford and just won't bring it back. Image how ridiculous it is that garbage saas bahu serials gets so many reruns. But not our favourite cartoons.

Can anyone tell me why aren't these shows coming again?
Even Oswald and Mr. Bean bro!!
Both Mr. Bean and Mr. Bean (The animated series) were such good shows. Even Ben 10 and Power Rangers were such good shows. Really miss that beautiful era of cartoons!! :(

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock