When and Why did TV Channels Started Censoring Adult Contents on Programs?

DTH Fan

Contributor
Reaction score
This question came to my mind yesterday.

About 12-13 years back all channels used to show uncensored movies and programs. Like Fashion TV used to show programs like Midnight Hot which showed topless models.

Popular English movies channels such as HBO and Zee MGM used to show uncensored movies.

Then what happened suddenly all channels started censoring all contents?

What exact thing caused the government to ask TV channels to censor adult content?

I want to get full detailed information about it just for general knowledge. :)

Before the cable television network regulation act prohibited advertising by Indian companies on unapproved channels around the year 1995, all channels in the early 90s had n*d*ty. Star Plus used to be broadcasted from Hongkong, they used to show full n*d*ty (even frontal). After 1994 regulations brodcasting from India have been censored. Star Movies, HBO and MGM in India has always been censored to some extend (in comparison to US and Brazilian versions). Fashion TV is the only one that escaped censorship after the turn of the millennium as they did not have ads.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock