When can we expect News channels in HD ?

ayushlabroo

Reaction score
All channels in different genre are coming in HD now a days but does somebody has any idea which news channel is going to be launched in HD ? Please cast your views ?

I am sorry to say but India is really a very bad market to introduce HD channels bcuz HD penetration is really very low in india compare to other place's in world. For example in my place here in Dubai if you subscribe to a local DTH or Local provider you will get easily around more than 100 HD and some 3D channels and most of the HD and 3D channels here are mostly international channels like Itv HD, Fox Movies HD, showtime Movies etc and in sports like Fox sports HD or Showtime sports HD, now this broadcaster's knew in a country like UAE (Dubai) around more than 90% of people's have latest LED or plasma Tv's and they will surely subscribe and watch HD channels instead of SD channels on their large tv's. But in India i would say hardly 10 to 20% people will have latest LED or plasma tv's to enjoy HD channels, thats why many broadcaster's and DTH operators are still concentrating on SD channels rather than HD channels in Indian Market.

yea that may be fact that some broadcasters are reluctant to launch HD channels in India. It will take more time....
Off Topic: @DishHD How do you see difference of PQ between Indian channels & UAE channels, both SD & HD.....Your valuable opinion will help us determine the PQ quality of Indian channels wrt foreign channels....

DishHD said:
I am sorry to say but India is really a very bad market to introduce HD channels bcuz HD penetration is really very low in india compare to other place's in world. For example in my place here in Dubai if you subscribe to a local DTH or Local provider you will get easily around more than 100 HD and some 3D channels and most of the HD and 3D channels here are mostly international channels like Itv HD, Fox Movies HD, showtime Movies etc and in sports like Fox sports HD or Showtime sports HD, now this broadcaster's knew in a country like UAE (Dubai) around more than 90% of people's have latest LED or plasma Tv's and they will surely subscribe and watch HD channels instead of SD channels on their large tv's. But in India i would say hardly 10 to 20% people will have latest LED or plasma tv's to enjoy HD channels, thats why many broadcaster's and DTH operators are still concentrating on SD channels rather than HD channels in Indian Market.

You cannot compare United Arab Emirates to India because of huge difference in per capita income. Most of the people here are still using low cost CRT TV along with analog cable so how can u expect HD channels. Digitization of cable process has just started. So HD is yet to become main stream in India only 4-5 % subscribers are HD subscribers. High LCD price is another main reason here and it's because of High import tax. I think very few LCD are manufactured in India, most of them are imported from china.

DishHD said:

Which cable or DTH in UAE has over 100 HD channels?:huh

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock