Where's the live football on the TV? Fans to Star Sports

rohank3

Reaction score
A must read story in Mid day newspaper for all football fans - Where's the live football on the TV?

Nearly a month ago, Star Sports re-launched their bouquet of sports channels with the promise of bringing a ‘sports revolution’ in India.

The revolution, however, does not seem to have gone down too well with football fans in the city. In the eye of the storm is Star Sports’ policy of broadcasting only cricket shows on three of their standard definition channels — Star Sports1, Star Sports2 and Star Sports3 — while football has been relegated to Star Sports4 and their two HD channels (Star HD1 and Star HD2).

Sample this: Tonight when Chelsea take on Crystal Palace at 8:30 pm in the English Premier League, the match will be broadcast live on Star Sports4 and Star Sports HD2. The La Liga encounter between Real Madrid and Osasuna, being played live at the same time slot, will be shown only on Star Sports HD 1 while the other three standard definition channels will be showing Sachiiin…Sachin (Star Sports1), Virat the Go Getter (Star Sports2) and Heroes - Moments & Memories in Hindi (Star Sports3).

Last Saturday too, Chelsea’s match against Stoke City was broadcast on Star Sports HD1 while Arsenal’s fans missed the league leaders’ clash with Hull City on December 5 over the same policy. This has left many football fans up in arms, with some enterprising fans even creating a parody account called @StarSportslndia on Twitter.

"I am a Chelsea fan. But I was left disappointed when I came to know that their match against Stoke City would be shown on Star Sports HD 1. To get any of the HD channels, I will have to shell out extra money. Why can’t they just show the EPL matches, which are live, on the other three channels instead of the repetitive Perfect Pujara, Outstanding Ojha and the Masterclass with Shane Warne?” lamented Narsimh Nayak, an engineering student.

Aniket More, a MCA student and an ardent Arsenal supporter, added: “I don’t understand why they show cricket full time on three channels when there is nothing live.Disappointed“Only a few months ago, they would show live matches on ESPN and Star Sports simultaneously. They now show the other live matches on their HD channels which are not subscribed by everyone.”Real Madrid fan Abhijeet Barve said: “I find it really funny that Star Sports will show the same two programs on Pujara and Ojha for 13 hours but not find a slot for a live football match. Not everyone in India has HD to watch the games on Star Sports HD. Earlier they showed live sports instead of the same show. Also, they never forced us to use the HD service.”

While EPL fans are angry, the Serie A fans should be fuming too. The Italian league encounter between table toppers Juventus and third-placed Napoli on November 11 was not even shown on the HD stream. Star’s communications department did not respond to MiD DAY’s queries on the issue.

Yes Exactly this is what i was going to post and will post. Now a days Star Sports just show Cricket 24/7 on most of its channels. I really appreciate What Ten Telecast and specially on Ten HD bcuz Ten HD always show different content which are good to watch but watching the same content on Star Sports 1, 2, 3, 4, HD 1 and HD 2 is just horrible

:angry:angry:angry :(

They are the most expensive under ala carte :angry and after getting a lot of money they are showing us this rubbish. I sent a lot of emails to start network regarding this thing but no action taken till now.

If star started showing everything on SD then who will suscribe to HD channels....:p

plus they show programme named "Heroes amd Moments"...
where they interview Young palyers who have not established themselves in the team..

Nice work from Mid day newspaper :luv :luv waiting for Star Sports for exact reply :angry

pphanse81 said:
plus they show programme named "Heroes amd Moments"...
where they interview Young palyers who have not established themselves in the team..

It may be for the fact that now days many sports person are managed by some sports mgmt company for a fee & for establishing them in the market such programs are best suited.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock