Which DTH box has highest no of favorites?

goodlord

Reaction score
I recently purchased an airtel internet TV box for my wife.

She's very pissed because there's no way to scroll through her favorite channels (Malayalam/Tamil/Hindi/Kids), and she has to manually punch the numbers to move from one segment to another.

She has been complaining since day 1. Recently, I sat down with her to watch some TV, and it was truly a horrible experience, having to punch numbers repeatedly. She has also not turned out to be a big consumer of Internet TV features.

So, I have decided to throw away the Internet TV box and buy another connection.

I know that Tata Sky has an option for 50 favorite channels, and you can scroll them using the program button without coming into contact with inactive channels and non-favorites.

I also know that our previous Dish TV box, which no longer works, also had this feature.

So, I'm tempted to order another Dish TV connection. Does the latest box also have this feature (of minimum 50 favorite channels)? What about D2h boxes (I prefer them slightly because of the magic stick option). I already know that Sun Direct doesn't have any such feature in its boxes and you have to use their genre/language menus.

I think we get to select upto 99 channels. I personally don't like it as there is profile option. I personally came from cable where we got 1-9 profiles for favourite as each member of our house has different taste.

I recently purchased an airtel internet TV box for my wife.

She's very pissed because there's no way to scroll through her favorite channels (Malayalam/Tamil/Hindi/Kids), and she has to manually punch the numbers to move from one segment to another.

She has been complaining since day 1. Recently, I sat down with her to watch some TV, and it was truly a horrible experience, having to punch numbers repeatedly. She has also not turned out to be a big consumer of Internet TV features.

So, I have decided to throw away the Internet TV box and buy another connection.

I know that Tata Sky has an option for 50 favorite channels, and you can scroll them using the program button without coming into contact with inactive channels and non-favorites.

I also know that our previous Dish TV box, which no longer works, also had this feature.

So, I'm tempted to order another Dish TV connection. Does the latest box also have this feature (of minimum 50 favorite channels)? What about D2h boxes (I prefer them slightly because of the magic stick option). I already know that Sun Direct doesn't have any such feature in its boxes and you have to use their genre/language menus.
You can select up to 80 fav channels (4 lists of 20 channels each) in D2H. and channels numbers starts from 1 and you can sort channels as per ur wish.

Last edited:
D2H settop box is very convenient to handle upto 80 channels with 4 profiles with 20each. You can name each profile.
It is numbered 1 to 80 for easy handling.
Believe it or not installed xstream box last night and back to D2H because of this favourite channels navigation.

It's for my wife. She won't switch between profiles (one reason why we couldn't adjust with Airtel regular box). In fact, someone here told me I could set 50 favorites on Internet TV box of Airtel, and that is why I upgraded it. Then I realized that you can set favorites, but you can't browse favorites :mad::mad::mad: So, now planning to go back to a box with max number of favorites (at least 50) without having to switch profiles. I think Dish TV used to have it. Not sure if they have it now.
I personally don't like Tata Sky because they are a premium brand and I'm not a premium customer, but a value-conscious customer.

It's for my wife. She won't switch between profiles (one reason why we couldn't adjust with Airtel regular box). In fact, someone here told me I could set 50 favorites on Internet TV box of Airtel, and that is why I upgraded it. Then I realized that you can set favorites, but you can't browse favorites :mad::mad::mad: So, now planning to go back to a box with max number of favorites (at least 50) without having to switch profiles. I think Dish TV used to have it. Not sure if they have it now.
I personally don't like Tata Sky because they are a premium brand and I'm not a premium customer, but a value-conscious customer.
STB:-Dishtv NXT HD
Dishtv favourite list can be accessed using "fav" button on remote.Different favourite lists pop-up.The favourite lists can be edited for different users.The lcn of channels do not change.Instead the epg is limited to favourite channels list.The lists can be swapped by the users prefernce.

STB:-Dishtv NXT HD
Dishtv favourite list can be accessed using "fav" button on remote.Different favourite lists pop-up.The favourite lists can be edited for different users.The lcn of channels do not change.Instead the epg is limited to favourite channels list.The lists can be swapped by the users prefernce.
Thanks. How many in one profile? I need 50 if possible.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock