Discussion Which DTH has best favorite channels placement system

• Thread starter igloo
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 32
  • Views: Views 8,091

igloo

Reaction score
I have personally used Airtel & Tata Sky.
In Tata Sky favourite channels are given channels no 900 to 949 that is a maximum of 50 favourite channels. However to add favourite channels one need to goto user settings then select channels. They would be placed in order of selection of channels.
Though channel addition is little cumbersome but once done its best for everyone else in house.

In Airtel channel addition is easy just press fav when channel info is on. And you can select max 100 favourite channels for 4 different users ie.max 400. But switching to favourite and back is not easy which make the feature itself useless. As new channel no is not assigned to favourite channel. One need to press fav when no channels info is on screen then left or right arrow then press ok.

I wish Airtel gives new channel no to fav making it easy like tata sky. Or atleast give an option that fav is on by default.
Tata Sky should increase no of fav channels from 50 to 100.
Read in this forum d2h got same way of channels fav placement as tata sky that is assignment of new channel no and max favourite channels are 80.

I remember using cable settop box in Nainital hotel. It was the best interface of favourite channels where by default favourite channels get on.

I have personally used Airtel & Tata Sky.
In Tata Sky favourite channels are given channels no 900 to 949 that is a maximum of 50 favourite channels. However to add favourite channels one need to goto user settings then select channels. They would be placed in order of selection of channels.
Though channel addition is little cumbersome but once done its best for everyone else in house.

In Airtel channel addition is easy just press fav when channel info is on. And you can select max 100 favourite channels for 4 different users ie.max 400. But switching to favourite and back is not easy which make the feature itself useless. As new channel no is not assigned to favourite channel. One need to press fav when no channels info is on screen then left or right arrow then press ok.

I wish Airtel gives new channel no to fav making it easy like tata sky. Or atleast give an option that fav is on by default.
Tata Sky should increase no of fav channels from 50 to 100.
Read in this forum d2h got same way of channels fav placement as tata sky that is assignment of new channel no and max favourite channels are 80.

I remember using cable settop box in Nainital hotel. It was the best interface of favourite channels where by default favourite channels get on.

I have only tried Sundirect and Tatasky. Sundirect was much easier in adding favourites.

I wish Tata Sky shifts Favourite channel numberings from 1 to 50. So we can easily order them. Starting from 900 is problematic till you memorize the numbers. Troubling for new users but once you remember the numbers its fine.

I have seen more people complaining about it however Tata Sky never taken it seriously/implemented.

I have only tried Sundirect and Tatasky. Sundirect was much easier in adding favourites.
And how you switch to favourites in sundirect? Guess may be same like airtel.

Troubling for new users but once you remember the numbers its fine.

I have seen more people complaining about it however Tata Sky never taken it seriously/implemented.
I told my family members to press - instead of + or fav, better than explaining fav system to them.

I told my family members to press - instead of + or fav, better than explaining fav system to them.
Yes, same i do. We Indians get our jugaad work just anywhere and everywhere.😂

Now waiting for Jio GigaTV launch so we can voice search channels instead of all these favourites and all the mess.

In my ADTV STB I can select only 15 Channels maximum for a single user. It means maximum 60 Channels for four different user.
But switching from one user favourite list to another is so lengthy process.
So I can watch only 15 favourite Channels 😏😏

As far as I know d2h has best fav system....channels get assigned from Lcn 1... Just like old cable system...simpler to everyone...next comes dishtv...channels won't get new LCN but you can easily add new channel and rearrange too while in tatasky you cannot rearrange the fav list...in both tatasky and dishtv pressing the fav button will take to fav list...not sure about Airtel or sundirect

As far as I know d2h has best fav system....channels get assigned from Lcn 1... Just like old cable system...simpler to everyone...next comes dishtv...channels won't get new LCN but you can easily add new channel and rearrange too while in tatasky you cannot rearrange the fav list...in both tatasky and dishtv pressing the fav button will take to fav list...not sure about Airtel or sundirect
In airtel too pressing the fav button will take to fav list.
We can rearrange fav list in airtel too.

I Personally used D2h, Airtel, Tatasky and in my home town, using Sundirect for parents.

I feel Favorite Option in D2h is best, as we can add them from ch.no 1 to 80, easy way and looks traditional cable type, but problem is you never know when they will vanish suddenly. Its buggy software does it all. Again we have select it, its painful.

Next is Tata sky, as we can add them from 900-949, its second best and works well, but cannot re-arrange them as per our needs, how we select, it saves there only.

Airtel, no numbering, can re-arrange, but only shuffles to channels from that fav group only. We have to come out from that group by pressing Fav button.

Sundirect, no numbering, it displays list of fav channels we selected, then again needs to scroll and then press Okay. Not flexible at all.

Last edited:
In d2h there very easy to operate favourite channels like simply set the favorite list and press channels no. From 1 to 80 under which 4 users are there from 1-20 21-40 41-60 & 61-80 and there is no need to peress fav. Button

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock