Seeking Help Which DTH is best for both HD and SD quality?

Rahul_Sharma

Reaction score
Which DTH is the best in terms of both HD and SD quality? I am a north subscriber and currently have DishTV SD box at my home. I recently bought a HD television and now want to upgrade to a HD box. Out of the 14 channels I intend to watch, 8 are available only in SD quality. So, is DishTV HD box good enough or should I change to a new operator?

In DishTV SD channel quality is good as compared to others.Airtel gives little better quality in HD but SD is not as good as Dish TV,Tataplay is upgrading to new satalite,then only we will know about their final outcome from new satalite. Best HD picture quality

Last edited:
Dishtv has cheap packages and upgrading will cost you less. With regards to HD picture quality dishtv is decent.. 8 HD channels which are not present on Dishtv can you list them. In that case if thats your priority move to Tata Play with excellent HD channel picture quality but be ready to burn your pockets.

Hi,
If you want only HD channels then go with Tataplay or Airtel,
If you want both HD+SD channels then upgrade to DishTV HD but here you need to sacrifice I mean some channels not available in DishTv,
If you're ok with that then upgrade DishTV HD otherwise leave them and take Tataplay or Airtel that's it,

In Tataplay SD PQ not upto the mark when compare with DishTV,
You can easily enjoy ultra HD PQ in Tataplay,

Airtel is better in SD PQ When compare with Tataplay,

SD PQ-Dishtv,D2h,Airtel,Tataplay,Sun
HD PQ awesome in all DTH no big difference,

Want both HD+ (SD PQ also important) means DishTV better,

Lesser the compression of channels more the quality.That is simple rule.And the quality of encoders used for compression and power , bandwidth of satellite transponders also matters.Other factors are some channels original C-Band feed will be of lesser quality such channels will be lesser quality ,Now Tataplay is compressing more because they are shifting channels to gsat 30 and thus resulting in less quality .Hopefully once the powerful satellite Gsat24 will get activated Tataplay quality will get improve.Airtel also compress channels but the satellite they are using is more powerful thus resulting in better quality

Last edited:
Hi,
If you want only HD channels then go with Tataplay or Airtel,
If you want both HD+SD channels then upgrade to DishTV HD but here you need to sacrifice I mean some channels not available in DishTv,
If you're ok with that then upgrade DishTV HD otherwise leave them and take Tataplay or Airtel that's it,

In Tataplay SD PQ not upto the mark when compare with DishTV,
You can easily enjoy ultra HD PQ in Tataplay,

Airtel is better in SD PQ When compare with Tataplay,

SD PQ-Dishtv,D2h,Airtel,Tataplay,Sun
HD PQ awesome in all DTH no big difference,

Want both HD+ (SD PQ also important) means DishTV better,
Tata play's Sound quality is better than dishtv

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock