Discussion Which has been the best English movie channel of the year?

Which is the best English movie channel of the year 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Lonelier Island

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Let's talk about the most underrated genre on Indian television. That's English Movies. They come in all formats and genres. Be it drama, comedy, romance, satire, documentaries, shorts etc. You name the genre. They have got it.

This year has been great and not great. We got movies faster than we are getting used to getting on TV. Thanks to &Flix and Sony Pix. Jumanji and Hobbs & Shaw came much faster than expected on tv. Even Movies Now step up their game by doing multiple premieres like Vice and Fighting with my Family. While Star didn't offer fast or unexpected content. But they were home of the Oscars and the home of some of the biggest premiers of the year. Be it Aladdin or Avengers Endgame. It premiers first on Star. Meanwhile iconic channels like HBO, HBO HD and WB left the country just weeks ago. Also niche channel's offering has to be kind of disappointing. They haven't even tried this year to be unique instead have shared same library as their main channels mostly.

So, let's cast our votes for our most preferred movie channel of the year.

I have voted for Movies Now, since it has diverse catalogue of studios, be it Sony Pictures, MGM (whose whole library is with them), Universal Studios and other studios as well.

Sony pix y means he give multiple languages audio feeds so low price for channel

I have voted for Movies Now, since it has diverse catalogue of studios, be it Sony Pictures, MGM (whose whole library is with them), Universal Studios and other studios as well.

But too much repetition across their chs. HBO, WB did fab job, as they were closing hence did not worry much about ratings hence we got to see diverse films including thoughtful, intelligent cinema. Even they aired so many popular films, premieres and WB as usual showed their in house library content

I voted for Sony Pix. It is still doing a good job of balancing movies to cater to both masses and urban audiences, plus it has 4 language feeds and also promotes its movies quite well on social media. After the demise of HBO/WB, Sony Pix is doing the best all-around work in my opinion, especially without the support of a second channel which Star and Zee have. (Times, of course, has the maximum number of supporting channels.)
Also its graphics, while 7 years old, are by no means as horribly outdated as either Star Movies or Movies Now (though many disagree with me).

As much as Sony is still rather disappointing in the Hindi movie genre (though it is trying to do some course correction), it is still the network to beat as far as Hindi GEC, English movies and sports are concerned (now that it has exited English GEC). It may not get the best ratings but the programming is second to none.

Last edited:
I voted for Sony Pix. It is still doing a good job of balancing movies to cater to both masses and urban audiences, plus it has 4 language feeds and also promotes its movies quite well on social media. After the demise of HBO/WB, Sony Pix is doing the best all-around work in my opinion, especially without the support of a second channel which Star and Zee have. (Times, of course, has the maximum number of supporting channels.)
Also its graphics, while 7 years old, are by no means as horribly outdated as either Star Movies or Movies Now (though many disagree with me).

As much as Sony is still rather disappointing in the Hindi movie genre (though it is trying to do some course correction), it is still the network to beat as far as Hindi GEC, English movies and sports are concerned (now that it has exited English GEC). It may not get the best ratings but the programming is second to none.

Well, Sony is doing a good job as far as Pix is concerned but then again repetition is an issue, only in last few months they have added some more films to schedule otherwise daily same movies were shown. Regarding language feed, well star were first to air dubbed hollywood films on its hindi chs and zee followed same. Now Star/Disney have separate channel dedicated to this named UTV Action though i m disappointed as they seem to have ruined UTV HD.

Promotion wise Times Network r far ahead in all spheres, they r few chs where i can tune in just to enjoy promos,even on social media they r very creative. Regarding liking or disliking something, well it depends on each individual's preference so it can differ. Also broadcasters tend to cater to diff segments within audience base and thus may not match our choice. Still feel English chs can do lot better with emerging population becoming developing interest to learn it and internet or ott being an off reach medium

Next star movies coming he is also coming y means he also multiple feed languages but some cable are not working in vk digital also and his channel price r high rate

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock