Which is the best DTH "Value for Money"?

ajgamer

Reaction score
Hey! I am fed up of TataSky now. They are continuously pissing off the consumer for the poor decisions of the Government and concerned authorities.

At this point, I am looking for the best possible alternative for the DTH for the metric of "Value for Money".

Please Suggest!

Channels / Categories: Hindi Movies, Hindi News, Some Travel Channels, Hindi Entertainment.

Number of Connections (TVs): 2

Reason: TATASky is going to scrap their Multi-TV Policy.

P.S.:
Don't suggest Netflix/Hotstar or any other PPV or VoD.

Last edited:
Hey! I am fed up of TataSky now. They are continuously pissing off the consumer for the poor decisions of the Government and concerned authorities.

At this point, I am looking for the best possible alternative for the DTH for the metric of "Value for Money".

Please Suggest!

Channels / Categories: Hindi Movies, Hindi News, Some Travel Channels, Hindi Entertainment.

How could you Expect Value for Money in other DTH operators, After TRAI rules everyone has same pricing. In fact you will pay more as you have to purchase a new Set Top Box

@Abhinav842 I'm concerned about the new TataSky Multi-TV Policy which they have scrapped and there won't be any multi-tv benefits anymore. So each connection/tv will act as individual.

So if you want 100 Channels on the second TV. You will pay Cost of 100 Channels of First TV + Cost of 100 Channels of Second TV.

Do the math.

@Abhinav842 I'm concerned about the new TataSky Multi-TV Policy which they have scrapped and there won't be any multi-tv benefits anymore. So each connection/tv will act as individual.

So if you want 100 Channels on the second TV. You will pay Cost of 100 Channels of First TV + Cost of 100 Channels of Second TV.

Do the math.
Then you can use Airtel. Currently Multi TV is cheaper there, but after these TRAI rules then can also Modify it

Last edited:

Please Suggest!

Reason: TATASky is going to scrap their Multi-TV Policy.

P.S.:
Don't suggest Netflix/Hotstar or any other PPV or VoD.
I think better people start looking for online streaming as its quite matured now in terms of streaming, people should adapt changes when you have better options but still in India we have a some gap between traditional TV and online streaming for which people are reluctant to opt it - also its purely ones choices :)

Then you can use Airtel. Currently Multi TV is cheaper there, but after these TRAI rules then can also Modify it
Bro, does TRAI has said to not give any discount on secondary connection? :huh:

No trai has allowed to give discounts but ts is not gonna give discount to customers.
Thanks bro.
TS is changing secondary TV prices because they were not following TRAI's rules.
TRAI said to treat secondary connection as separate connection but they were imposing the same channels & there was no clarification on how they decided the monthly rent for secondary connection whereas airtel is treating it as separate connection as per the rule & they are free to give discount on NCF so, they're giving.

Why airtel will modify it's plans when they're in accordance with TRAI's tarrif?

Airtel Digital Tv is the only other reliable option. Other brands are just not doing well at the moment & their customer service is horrendous. Ease of changing packs at anytime is the best on TS & Airtel. If i were you i'd get ADTV without thinking twice. Channel additions too happen pretty fast.

I've used Dishtv in the past and it was a below average experience. I won't recommend it to anyone at the moment and D2h is also run by them so it'll be the same. You're left with Sun Direct & Independent TV which i don't think anyone will recommend.

Since your only requirement is multi Tv and a good number of hindi channels Airtel will be a good option for you.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock