Discussion Which is your favorite Inspirational TV series having women protagonist shows about their empowerment & struggles faced by them

Detective Conan

Contributor
Reaction score
Which is your favorite Progressive (Inspirational) TV Series having women protagonist - show about women empowerment & issues faced by them and how they fight it - tell about shows which is currently airing on Indian tv channels or already aired in Indian TV channels . it could be any Indian language shows. which you don't mind watching with your family members . so that other member get to know about them and also know hidden serial gem which tv channels might have aired so that they could demand better shows & programs from tv channels .

Edit - ( please explain the aspects about the show why you think the show is inspirational , considering most of the present series ends up some sort of overdramatization , i also include partial inspirational yet progressive not regressive , also tell about its pros and cons of the shows which you think is inspirational )

Last edited:
Sadly, there is no such show. Women I have seen on Indian tv are vindictive and manipulative. Even in those saas-baahu shows those baahu pretending to be nice have full evilness inside of them. You know something's wrong with a person when they put make-up while sleeping. Never trust anyone with no natural beauty.

Barrister Babu - Colors TV
Shaurya Aur Anokhi Ki Kahaani - STAR Plus
Hamaari Waali Good News - ZEE TV
Punyashlok Ahilyabai - SONY TV
Prothoma Kadombini - STAR Jalsha
Sreemoyee - STAR Jalsha
Kadambini - ZEE Bangla
Rimli - ZEE Bangla
Korunamoyee Rani Rashmoni - ZEE Bangla
Titli - STAR Jalsha
Mohor - STAR Jalsha
Falna - STAR Jalsha
Gramer Rani Binapani - STAR Jalsha

Last edited:
Guys , it would have been better if you would have told about the show why you think it is inspirational the aspects of the show , i understand some of shows title speak for themselves , i meant for the serials which are not explaining how its inspirational just by its name or may be its in different language please translate the shows' name .

I do agree sadly inspirational directly progressive serials are less even those having elements of it ends up overdramatizing aspects etc

Inspirational Serial which used to Air some years back

Sadda Haq - My life My Choice - (used to air in Channel V ) -pros- Inspirational in sense its about girl protagonist who wants to do mechanical engineering , her dad and her brother is patriarchal doesn't want her to study and work, mom is supportive but but supports her in small ways but tells her she shud follow what her dad tells etc - about struggle how she works hard , passes entrance exam with merit and struggles she faces in mechanical engineering journey and also fight bias she faces in the college from boys pursuing the course throughout for her rights etc.
how she fights and also manages to learnt and adapt to challenges there in college life.

cons- they ended overdramatization about problems she faces , though its overall good inspirational show along with college life, though she does respect her parents, she does fight and follows to reach her dreams .

S2 was dragged a bit , some scenes were overexaggerated

sorry for bumping/replying in older thread

after watching some episodes of Madam sir ( show title might be little odd) observed the main characters indirectly do portray empowerment , show police station specially made for women having mainly woman officers , one male - though its a comedy drama show , the cases they do support men when women are at fault and very first episode though their station at forced , they try to find why girls/women don't file complaints , how to encourage them , protect them , build confidence in them , stand for equality not for fake feminists , saas bahu officers camaraderie dialogue might seem funny and but they show conflicts and care they about each and respect about work , how they fight against fake news ,is empowering or inspirational overall how they fight against stereotype how women consider weak in officer of some people eyes and how smartly and wisely they solve the case . the serial is indirectly is inspirational for women in some sense.

there is more show where women are leading the main character.
Lipstick Under My Burkha
Bombay Begums
Four More Shots Please
Cable Girls

there is more show where women are leading the main character.
Lipstick Under My Burkha
Bombay Begums
Four More Shots Please
Cable Girls
😂 We are talking about promoting women empowerment not talking about their fantasies.
The one show which literally talk somewhat about women empowerment was/is Balika Vadhu Season 1, Diya Aur Baati Hum, Ahilyabai and Pakistan's Churails.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock