who will rule in future-videocon d2h or tata sky? click and get the answer

dino29

Reaction score
it depends, tata sky will have 24 tps in tptal with them after they get gsat 10 tps but as they run sd chs in mpeg2 so it is an issue as chs take double space as compared to mpeg4 for relaying. if tata sky moves to mpeg 4 for sd then there will b noone beating them
d2h runs sd and hd both in mpeg4 and has 8 tps currently eith them on st2, st2 has many ku band tps and d2h can easily lease them but d2h will not take more tps so easily as their revenue or profit is negligible and leasing tps is costly but if d2h does take more tps and increae package rates then d2h too will have a great run but surely will not come close to tata sky if tata sky operates 24 tps in mpeg 4

Agree but still Tata Sky hasn't started testing Gsat 10 TPs. The exsiting Insat 4A TPs gettting overloaded and they are still on MPEG-2 and no plans to move to MPEG-4 in future i guess. Lets see what happens...

If tata sky operates Gsat 10 to full utilization and introduces premium channels i am sure Tata sky will be the leader :) By the way it has the best hardware amongst all the dth in India....

d2h has cheap prices of packages, tatasky is costlier then any dth..many people wants more channels at low price and they don't see quality etc...

dreamdth said:
d2h has cheap prices of packages, tatasky is costlier then any dth..many people wants more channels at low price and they don't see quality etc...
Thats the worse part of Indian audience, they dont want to pay for quality.... they want to be economical always and of course for that they can compromise with quality... :)
in time im sure tata sky will be both economical and also best in quality, to stay in Indian market

indian people want quantity over quality that too with less price...d2h gives the same..

But still tata sky maintains the quality...there are quality lovers also amongst 100 crore people :lol

I am saying so because i am using both tata sky and videocon d2h.... If u see the picture quality of tata sky and videocon, you will find too much interlacing in video of videocon channels as compared to tata sky... both sd and hd channels... Its the hardware thats playing the key role in it..... Thats why i am telling abt the quality....

Secondly let Gsat 10 be operational, of course tata sky will rule with quantity also.... Abt being economical if they manage to keep the packages economical it will be a boom to their marketing strategy in India :)

I am asking one question to dino. Dish tv also having 19 tps in its hand. Is it a matter of time to come back into competition ?
Sorry for offtopic. Why dino bhai compared only tatasky and vd2h. Dish tv is among 2nd in tps, only if TS gets tps from gsat.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock