Why are Assamese channels in Other channels category?

The Lonelier Island

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
There are 4 pure Assamese News channel with Assamese news bulletin DY 365, News Live, Protidin Time and Prag. These doesn't feature any news content in any other language. Meanwhile there are 3 Punjabi news channels. No offence Punjabi folks. They get a separate category. What kind of weird discrimination is this? Also DD Arunprabha and DD Manipur are not news channels.

I wish this was the only case. Same is the case with Rang and Rengoni. Pure Assamese GEC channels. We got so many Assamese channels. Yet they put in other category. Who decides this? I am pretty sure other DTH does the same thing. This is just pure negligence and distasteful act by Tata Sky.

Last edited:
There are 4 pure Assamese News channel with Assamese news bulletin DY 365, News Live, Protidin Time and Prag. These doesn't feature any news content in any other language. Meanwhile there are 3 Punjabi news channels. No offence Punjabi folks. They get a separate category. What kind of weird discrimination is this? Also DD Arunprabha and DD Manipur are not news channels.

I wish this was the only case. Same is the case with Rang and Rengoni. Pure Assamese GEC channels. We got so many Assamese channels. Yet they put in other category. Who decides this? I am pretty sure other DTH does the same thing. This is just pure negligence and distasteful.
Are you referring dth Website/app portal they not mention separately??

No he saying about the Guide Menu i think in other list it shows in Tatasky . Other Regional channels are available Genre Language wise like Odia, Bengali,Tamil,etc .
If he referring guide menu, In Airtel DTH All Genre Like GEC, News Have Separate Assamese Option.

I have requested Assamese category from Tata Sky. My complain has been promised to be addressed within next 24 hours. Let's see how good their customer service is. We'll see when they finally address their mistake of not having Assamese category. Today is 18th September 2019. Let's see when we get the Assamese category.

I have requested Assamese category from Tata Sky. My complain has been promised to be addressed within next 24 hours. Let's see how good their customer service is. We'll see when they finally address their mistake of not having Assamese category. Today is 18th September 2019. Let's see when we get the Assamese category.
Got a call. Team took this as a feedback. How racist of them to do it. This other category is meant to insult a person. What do they mean by other? What are we aliens without languages? Meanwhile you have given categories to Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati etc. You shall give all languages same treatment as these are Indian languages as well. If one language is given a special category. Other should be too. Even if the channel count is one which isn't the case with Assamese news and entertainment channels. This is a total ignorant act by Tata Sky. I don't know how did they get away from these for so long. Hopefully, this gets addressed soon. Before me personally filing a lawsuit against racism and discrimination against Assamese people.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock