Discussion Why Cable Connection have Audio Video delay

Pallab501

Reaction score
We have 1 DishTV & 1 Siti Cable connection at home. But when I watch the same channel on 2 TV there's a 3-4 second delay on cable connection.
Just curious to know🤔 Why this happens? Is it because the cable signal come from a long distance throug wire?

Quite possibly because the signal processing equipment used at the Siti Cable control room adds this delay. In principle DTH signals have the longest delay (due to signal processing and the distance which the signal needs to travel). But there are multiple factors like:
  • Signal processing delay in the STB
  • Signal processing delay at the cable control room
  • Whether cable operator uses HITS
  • etc.
This thread might be a nice read in this regard.

DTH:
YqmpfUn.jpg

Digital Cable with HITS:
fEKKck6.jpg

Last edited:
@RLOA We had Dish TV connection in the year 2007. Also had analogue cable. Movies use to end atleast half an hour early on Dish TV than on our analogue cable.

We had Dish TV connection in the year 2007. Also had analogue cable. Movies use to end atleast half an hour early on Dish TV than on our analogue cable.

This sounds more like a specialized feed for Dish TV. I vaguely remember few Zee channels having a separate feed for Dish TV without any commercials during the initial days for promotion. This might result in such a large difference in broadcast times. Signal processing and transmission delays are expected to be in the range of a few seconds that too in the worst cast scenario. After all electromagnetic signal travels at the speed of light (approximately 3,00,000 km/s)!

Last edited:
u mean to day ur cable TV had a delay of 30 min which means if a program is telecast at 9.00 PM ur cable will show at 9.30 PM come on cannot happen
@RLOA We had Dish TV connection in the year 2007. Also had analogue cable. Movies use to end atleast half an hour early on Dish TV than on our analogue cable.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock