Discussion Why can't HD channels survive in India?

Agree.

Some channels SD is same price as HD which means these channels are for ameer log.

In Star GEC channels, we can clearly see a class distinction:

Star Utsav - Rs.1 - for poor people
Star Bharat - Rs.10 - for middle class people
Star Plus - Rs.19 - for rich people
Understand The Sarcasm Bro🤦🏻‍♂️People Call 'Ameer Log' In Sarcasm. Now Just Imagine One Of Your Friends Would Buy iPhone 12 Which Is Launching Soon So When He Will You Show His iPhone, Then Your Reaction Towards Him Would Be Like, '🤑Ameer🤑'

So That Was Just A Sarcasm Bro.
No Offence To Anyone🙏🏻

who to see Advts giving huge price for HD ? SD also same. when viewing it is irritatinthe alot of advts in sports channel s

Aside from the price conscious consumer argument, another reason is that most viewers in India do not have large TVs. The difference in picture quality between SD and HD is more visible on larger TVs (65-inch and up), and especially on those that offer 4K UHD resolution. When you upscale SD content on such a TV, it looks very blurry and strains the eyes. In the west, broadcasters cater to this segment of viewers because more than a third of the population already uses 4K TVs. One thing you will notice in countries like the U.S., however, is that some HD channels will broadcast only in 720p (e.g., channels owned by Disney and Fox Corporation) and others only in 1080i (e.g., channels owned by AT&T, Comcast, ViacomCBS and Discovery), but none broadcast in 1080p.
True, but difference between SD and HD can be seen even on 43inch TVs.

Currently I have a dabba tv(CRT) so thought of buying a 43inch 4k tv but once I saw the PQ of HD channels in showroom, it was underwhelming and to be honest worse than SD channel on CRT TV.

It looked more like a downgrade from my current tv, plz can somebody clarify on such bad PQ of HD channels

Currently I have a dabba tv(CRT) so thought of buying a 43inch 4k tv but once I saw the PQ of HD channels in showroom, it was underwhelming and to be honest worse than SD channel on CRT TV.

It looked more like a downgrade from my current tv, plz can somebody clarify on such bad PQ of HD channels
What was the HD channels provider for the showroom? Also which channels did you watch ? What was the TV Brand?

What was the HD channels provider for the showroom? Also which channels did you watch ? What was the TV Brand?
They showed me Sony X7500H and Samsung TU8000 with Airtel connection and they had several TV's connected to a single set top box.
Tv was playing star sports HD, colors HD and demo videos.

Can somebody post closeup shots of HD channels

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock