Discussion Why did movie channels stop updated schedule of next day?

It's really annoying whether it's Sony, Star or Zee. Except for Colors Cineplex. No one is uploading schedule of upcoming movies of following day. Tata Sky's EPG shows of Generic Movie airing next day. So does their own websites.
Doesn't matter, coz they have been very very repetitive nowadays, whenever I scan the channels, every second movie is in my watched list, they don't have the gap of even single week between 2 telecasts

It's really annoying whether it's Sony, Star or Zee. Except for Colors Cineplex. No one is uploading schedule of upcoming movies of following day. Tata Sky's EPG shows of Generic Movie airing next day. So does their own websites.
Colors Cineplex Also Not Update

Star :

Star Gold/Star Utsav Movies Used To Update 2-3 Days Schedule In Advance
Star Gold 2/ SGS Used To Update Schedule Of 8-10 Days In Advance
But Now Schedule Of All 4 Channels Is Updated At 8-9 PM Of The Next Day

Sony :

Schedule Of Sony Channels Used To Be Updated Every Day At 8-9 PM Of The Next Day. But Now It Gets Updated In Early Morning

Zee :

Zee Was The Most Advanced In Updating Schedules, It Used To Update Schedule Of Atleast 2 Weeks In Advance Of All Channels. But Now They Also Update Schedule At Around 10-11 PM Of The Next Day On All Channels

Colors :

No Change In The Format Of Updating Schedule

Last edited:
At least it’s better than the case in Tata Sky until 2017 where several (mostly regional) channels never showed the EPG at all, due to issues with broadcasters. Fortunately that was fixed and EPGs are shown for all channels.

But it’s very strange that even the Zee and Star networks are not showing EPGs for at least a week in advance on the What’s On India app. With Sony, though, it was pretty much the norm not to have EPG guides for more than 2 days in advance, so Monday’s schedule would not be known before the previous Friday at the earliest.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock