Why Dish TV network south channels are unable to scan in Solid 6141 pro STB

Mani_Ragh

Reaction score
Hi Friends,

I am using Solid 6141pro STB and getting the Intelsat 17, Intelsat 904/45E Dialog TV channels.
i tried to get the signals of Dish TV network. Yes, i could able to get the channels which are predominantly for the North India Channels. However, I am unable to scan Sun TV (SD), KTV, Vijay, other malayalam channels except suriya and Asianet channels. Do I need to make any changes in the STB to get those channels as well.
Please help in understanding.

Hi Friends,

I am using Solid 6141pro STB and getting the Intelsat 17, Intelsat 904/45E Dialog TV channels.
i tried to get the signals of Dish TV network. Yes, i could able to get the channels which are predominantly for the North India Channels. However, I am unable to scan Sun TV (SD), KTV, Vijay, other malayalam channels except suriya and Asianet channels. Do I need to make any changes in the STB to get those channels as well.
Please help in understanding.
Did you check in St2 88 degree east?

In C band blind scan, this STB misses some transponders [ I have same stb] even if the signal/quality is 60-70%. I look at lyngsat/flysat if I attempt a new satellite!
Did you get the TPs? Or you didn't get channels scanned? Tried manually adding the TP? All channels should come from its old location.

D2h @ 88E is owned by dishtv but signals not yet unified/merged right?

Sorry, i thought the Dish TV network all the channels will be coming in 95E? Can i get the South Indian channels in 88E using solid 6141 STB?
I think you need to use different lnbs for q band and c band channels.

All Indian DTH services are working in Ku band, so you need a Ku band dish and a Ku band LNB. If you are using C band dish for Ku band signals, you need a modified Ku band LNB for C band dish. You need to align the dish in correct azimuth angle, elevation angle and LNB skew (watch YouTube videos for details). Use good quality LNB like Inverto black. Set LNB frequency as 9750-10600MHz in MPEG4 or HEVC receiver to scan Indian Ku band TPs.

You CAN NOT watch encrypted channels (Dollar Symbol channels) using FTA receiver. But you can scan and identify the TP, Frequency and channel name.

I think the life span of NSS 6 (Dish TV India satellite) is over and going to expire. So dish TV moved to ST 2 satellite. Channel list and TP can be found in lyngsat website

Last edited:
All Indian DTH services are working in Ku band, so you need a Ku band dish and a Ku band LNB. If you are using C band dish for Ku band signals, you need a modified Ku band LNB for C band dish. You need to align the dish in correct azimuth angle, elevation angle and LNB skew (watch YouTube videos for details). Use good quality LNB like Inverto black. Set LNB frequency as 9750-10600MHz in MPEG4 or HEVC receiver to scan Indian Ku band TPs.

You CAN NOT watch encrypted channels (Dollar Symbol channels) using FTA receiver. But you can scan and identify the TP, Frequency and channel name.

I think the life span of NSS 6 (Dish TV India satellite) is over and going to expire. So dish TV moved to ST 2 satellite. Channel list and TP can be found in lyngsat website
yes, I am using the Ku-band Antenna and LNB to receive the signals.I can get the signals from NSS6 however, i am unable to get the Dish TV signals especially Tamil and Malayalam channels from ST 2 satellite? May i know the reason? if its possible to get the signals, please let us know how to get it. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock