Discussion Why do South Indian Channels show a watermark on their screen?

Mylanji

Contributor
Reaction score
South Indian television channels have a tendency of using (or should I say imposing) a watermark of the Channel name or Channel logo in the centre of the screen.

This ruins the viewing experience. This practice was not prevalent in any South channel until (I think ) 2011.

Why do South channels use this watermark system on screen? Other regional channels doesn't do such things.

Solution
Many people used to record songs and movies from these channels and used to upload them in youtube. Even now many youtube channels hold the digital rights for few movies with the same tv rip files. In order to avoid these, almost all south indian channels introduced watermarks. But these days copyright and all are very easy and they should remove the watermarks and heavy graphics and promos in the screen.
South Indian television channels have a tendency of using (or should I say imposing) a watermark of the Channel name or Channel logo in the centre of the screen.

This ruins the viewing experience. This practice was not prevalent in any South channel until (I think ) 2011.

Why do South channels use this watermark system on screen? Other regional channels doesn't do such things.
Had this question from long years ago
Don't know why?

Many people used to record songs and movies from these channels and used to upload them in youtube. Even now many youtube channels hold the digital rights for few movies with the same tv rip files. In order to avoid these, almost all south indian channels introduced watermarks. But these days copyright and all are very easy and they should remove the watermarks and heavy graphics and promos in the screen.

Solution
Can someone upload an image as an example?
ssbMeM5.jpg

Especially hd channels(ktv,sunmusic)with watermark is totally ruining the tv viewing experience.where to complaint about these?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock