Discussion Why does Zee shows up at sporting rights auctions?

The Lonelier Island

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Zee was participating in IPL and ICC auction. This is a network with no sports channels. Whatever it had. They sold it to Sony in 2015. With merger with Sony on the cards who is the second biggest sports broadcaster. A serious buyer would've collaborated with it's successful partner to put resources together to acquire instead of competing against it at the auctions. I am pretty sure they will show up at BCCI auction and not be successful in getting the rights.

Why do you think Zee shows up at these auction to prove what exactly?

Zee was participating in IPL and ICC auction. This is a network with no sports channels. Whatever it had. They sold it to Sony in 2015. With merger with Sony on the cards who is the second biggest sports broadcaster. A serious buyer would've collaborated with it's successful partner to put resources together to acquire instead of competing against it at the auctions. I am pretty sure they will show up at BCCI auction and not be successful in getting the rights.

They cannot afford atleast one of IPL or ICC with combine strength.

They want cricket rights for Zee5 bcz without sports Zee5 not even touch the level of hotstar
Both Sony Liv and Zee5 has amazing content but bad apps. Zee5 has bug movie releases every month and strong original content to compensate for the lack of sports. My subscription when expires I would renew just for the webseries.

Till merger completion, nothing can be said. So they will work as different entity

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock