Discussion Why don't SD stb manufacturing stopped and all are updated to hd one

Srinath21

Reaction score
I have this one hd box runs from 576p upto 1080p resolution. if we use the hd one there is no need of sd and hd one. there would be more space for various contents of channels. But still i can understand sd cost 200 less than hd box but in long run to future it will be helpful.

I have this one hd box runs from 576p upto 1080p resolution. if we use the hd one there is no need of sd and hd one. there would be more space for various contents of channels. But still i can understand sd cost 200 less than hd box but in long run to future it will be helpful.

Technology does not stop so if you start seeding box in the hope that after 15 years these will lower your capital cost then think again you may see different technology after 10 years and which may make your current technology obsolete so after 15 years you will end up paying again

But in SD u can see only SD channels but in hd u can see both set of channels. If SD are stopped then SD and hd channels of big broadcaster will merge them and we could gets benefit out of them.

But in SD u can see only SD channels but in hd u can see both set of channels. If SD are stopped then SD and hd channels of big broadcaster will merge them and we could gets benefit out of them.

There is a big if which is present there. And as India is 95% dominated by SD so it will not Stopped and in fact it's the HD which are getting stopped because of 5% viewership. Look at latest victim DSport, and TravelXp was forced to launch SD version

There is a big if which is present there. And as India is 95% dominated by SD so it will not Stopped and in fact it's the HD which are getting stopped because of 5% viewership. Look at latest victim DSport, and TravelXp was forced to launch SD version
My point exactly. HD rarely gets 5% viewership. Yet our government is wasting money on HD version of channels nobody watches DD National and DD News HD.

I never said to stop SD version of channels but only stb. If there is dsports hd then customers can convert it to resolution of his TV from 576 to 1080i. U don't need separate channel single channel is enough to meet all demands by implementing them.

I never said to stop SD version of channels but only stb. If there is dsports hd then customers can convert it to resolution of his TV from 576 to 1080i. U don't need separate channel single channel is enough to meet all demands by implementing them.
Exactly. Ever channels should launch atleast in HD. DPO's should downgrade to letter box for SD viewers.

Most of channels which are having hd feed showing same feed in SD also. If we have hd u can see both SD and hd. We don't need to pay for the greed of the broadcaster.

You yourself said SD box is cheaper than HD, So why should a company spend more on HD box when your viewers are SD ?

Initial I bought SD STB. My mind gone for HD STB. It's had no some features I expect. Then I bought cardless STB. Now my mind 🌊 wavering for 4k STB. Due to money problem I won't go for 4k STB. 😳😳

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock