Why DTH Operators Encrypt the Recorded Files on USB

Reaction score
Dear Friends,
I bought Dish TV + with recording facility and the following are the features of recording :

01) Pen drive needs to be formatted and the recorded files are not visible in PC / Laptop.

02) While recording a code is also being recorded in the screen, something to do with your VC no. So that even if you manage to decrypt the video the code will be visible by which it can be tracked as to who recorded the video in case the video is put up public.

My query is does the DTH operator really need to take so much pains to encrypt the recordings, wherein it is very much possible to record the TV programmes using a USB TV Tuner and Laptop . I have iball USB TV Tuner and it very beautifully records the DTH Transmission in good quality without any visible code or anything.

So when such facility is available in market they can relax their restrictions.

if dth operators relax their recordings security, it will lead to piracy of content onto youtube in a large scale....

Shadow said:
if dth operators relax their recordings security, it will lead to piracy of content onto youtube in a large scale....

yes. .copyright issues will bulk up

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock