Discussion Why having bollywood films as core part of its content strategy will prove hugely beneficial for HD Hindi Movie Channels? Explained with key facts.

• Thread starter dino29
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 15
  • Views: Views 3,502
I think even incase of SD chs it will be tough for Sony Max to bring back bollywood audience to its chs than what it will b for Zee Cinema. The issue with Zee Cinema is that it has good bollywood library but is rather poor in managing or scheduling these films thus not able to compete with Star/disney in this genre.

Currently Sony Max, Colors Cineplex, Zee Cinema r mostly vying for dubbed south indian movies audience and star/disney is at forefront in delivering content to bollywood audience. It is time that Sony/Zee and Viacom18 look to attract bollywood audience thru content on their chs otherwise losing bollywood audience will prove to b major loss in long run.
Already one can see that big/popular bollywood movies are not able to perform rather well on Zee Cinema, Sony Max , Colors Cineplex which inturn means less revenue. So the potential returns from big or popular bollywood films are not being achieved which is result of being dependent of dubbed south indian movies. I am quite sure that it would b difficult to compensate this loss with revenue gained from airing dubbed south indian movies.

As rights of dubbed south indian movies get costlier, problems will further increase for Sony/Zee and Viacom18. Also if tomorrow Pen Studio or other companies owning dubbed south indian movies launch their own movie channels like Goldmines did then there will humongous issue for Zee or Viacom18 just like it is for Sony at present. Also then there is problem of bollywood movie banners shifting out from these channels bcoz of films not getting visibility or success there.

Now Sony/Zee, Viacom18 should focus on bollywood content rather than competing so heavily for share of dubbed south indian movies audience, it will take sometime to build a robust bollywood library or gain back bollywood audience but it is the correct path to take. I had been requesting this to Sony for last 4 or 5 yrs but they did not amend strategy and ultimately you can see what is transpiring at present. As a viewer i fulfill my responsibility by sharing well thought about and important suggestions / feedback which will b beneficial for broadcaster but ultimately its upto broadcaster to absorb or implement it.

@Bapun Raz bro, was just curious to know if what we discussed here in this thread is it likely to b read or reach respective channel head of these hindi movie channels. Have seen many prominent broadcasters, or operators sharing official press release about various developments with our forum so do they also keep a tab on what is being talked about here.

Wanted to know this as if they go thru our forum discussion then i would not feel the need to share the link of this thread or exact information shared in this thread with them. If they are unlikely to read this then i will go ahead and share this detailed analysis with them thru social media platforms

@Bapun Raz bro, was just curious to know if what we discussed here in this thread is it likely to b read or reach respective channel head of these hindi movie channels. Have seen many prominent broadcasters, or operators sharing official press release about various developments with our forum so do they also keep a tab on what is being talked about here.

Wanted to know this as if they go thru our forum discussion then i would not feel the need to share the link of this thread or exact information shared in this thread with them. If they are unlikely to read this then i will go ahead and share this detailed analysis with them thru social media platforms
I have already written an article a few months back on this matter, but DreamDTH News does not (yet) reach that many people compared to big media sites, and definitely not the big broadcaster heads. So you can definitely share your insights by email or social media. It’s especially important to convey these ideas to the Sony network’s heads as it is in need of much more improvement than the others, and also doesn’t listen to our feedback as well as the others.

I have already written an article a few months back on this matter, but DreamDTH News does not (yet) reach that many people compared to big media sites, and definitely not the big broadcaster heads. So you can definitely share your insights by email or social media. It’s especially important to convey these ideas to the Sony network’s heads as it is in need of much more improvement than the others, and also doesn’t listen to our feedback as well as the others.

Thanks for letting me know this bhai. I can easily share the link of the forum or information with respective channel haeds thru twitter but issue is over the last few months i have tweeted a lot to them and doing more might not b liked by them. Request u or others to do so, simple mention that you would like to see more bollywood content on their SD and HD chs and being member of DTH forum u had detailed discussion / analysis on why this is important and how it can b done which u would like to share with them. Just share the link below ur tweet.

I guess u know the channel head names and their twitter handles or i can share this with u thru message

Adding to above points, There r 3 essentials for a broadcaster to do while airing films

- promote it very well
- air it at regular intervals
- schedule it at appropriate time slot

Implementing above things will ensure following

- Develop recall for movie among those who do not know about it or those who know but have forgotten about it
- By airing it frequently again audience base wil increase for a movie if it is really good . There r so many good films which people have not watched either bcoz of reviews they heard or what they thought the movie would be seeing just trailers and skipped it. Tarzan - The Wonder Car is clear example that even movie is super flop at box office still it can do well on TV bcoz actually the movie good and has an appeal among mass audience. Similarly there r films like Swades, Fida (2004), Ishk Vishk, Hum Tum, Fanaa, Fan, Happy Bhaag Jaayegi, Taal, Tere Naam, Lakshya , Oye Lucky Lucky Oye, Khosla Ka Ghosla and hundreds more which can deliver great ratings if broadcasters follow above strategy
- Thirdly even OTT audience will tune into hindi movie channels if they get good curated content that too at such less price. Searching movies on OTT and paying high fee is what most these days r not willing to do.

All in all it is upto TV channels to reinvent and think fresh to achieve success and it is not that hard if smart steps r taken regularly based on changing entertainment landscape and cater to different audience preferences

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock