Discussion Why Sony BBC Earth deserves a shutdown

The Lonelier Island

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sony BBC Earth deserves a shutdown. While whole world got to watch A Perfect Planet this January. We are still getting years old Blue Planet II rerun. We even skipped good documentaries like Extinction: The Facts. They think we are toddlers that they will show anything and we will blindly applaud and watch. Almost most of their library is a repeat. Keeping the channel is doing no good for infotainment fans. Instead it is preventing to license these shows to some broadcaster willing to air these content. Digitally most of the content has moved to Discovery+. Hopefully, the tv rights goes to Discovery or National Geographic. And Sony BBC Earth folds for good.

Actually many infotainment & lifestyle channels are showing most of repeated episodes not only Sony BBC but discovery and nat geo also, maybe it's because of Covid-19 outbreak cause some countries restrictions for travel how could they shoot or make new episodes without any new stories.

Content Acquisition / rights come at hefty or somewhat high cost so channels need to balance out its investment. Right now infotainment chs as such r struggling particularly BBC Earth which despite good content has not been properly packaged in bouquet thus impacting reach. Later on changes were made but still many operators have not signed updated RIO.

Also as consumers we still do not want to subscribe or pay proper price for good content. Sony BBC Earth brought many latest shows including ones like Mygrations but right now it is not feasible to do this. Shutdown may happen if BBC decides to pull out of JV and content will shift to disvovery

No Bro Wait For Some Time We Face Many Good Channels Shutdown in 2020 WE Have Less Portfolio I Hope They Bring New Fresh Content In Upcoming Months.

Content Acquisition / rights come at hefty or somewhat high cost so channels need to balance out its investment.
They are the content producer. They are syndicate in multiple countries of the world. Only India is left behind. These has happened post NTO. Even pre-NTO same was the case. Atleast Nat Geo and Discovery are producing local original along while also syndicating shows from their International counterpart.

Actually many infotainment & lifestyle channels are showing most of repeated episodes not only Sony BBC but discovery and nat geo also, maybe it's because of Covid-19 outbreak cause some countries restrictions for travel how could they shoot or make new episodes without any new stories.
Same with investigation discovery India they are showing repeated episodes until February this year they launched shattered new season and next month the New show is coming on ID

No Bro Wait For Some Time We Face Many Good Channels Shutdown in 2020 WE Have Less Portfolio I Hope They Bring New Fresh Content In Upcoming Months.
Yes AXN And HBO Both Channel Got Shutdown Due To Covid And Trai I Cried When HBO Got Shutdown This Resulted into Entourage movie getting Disappeared on Sony Pix Since January ending

If BBC Earth joins hand with Network 18, they can run it better. I think soon History TV break deal with TV 18. This make a way for TV 18 to find a partner in Infotainment genre.
No history TV 18 should not shut down it's one of the best channel they telecast reality show similar to TLC

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock